CV9040 updated <3

Kingtiger

So in the release notes it didnt say to much about the CV9040, the tracks has recieved 3D tracks, some alternal termal texture etc... 

SO HECK IF I WAS HAPPY WHEN I OPENED IT UP! 

1. New exterior 3D model that are sexy as hell. A real needed and welcome facelift since the CV9040 first entered the game many years ago - Thank you a ton @dejawolf for the update!
2. Small but wonderful detail is that the casings being ejected when firing is now modelled! First I was like "wtf was that coming through my TIS?" when firing in thermal mode, then went to F8 view to see casings falling down, such joy over such a small feature! Love it!   

/KT

strf90_1.jpg

strf90_2.jpg

I'd like to see cases / stubs being flung out the loader's hatch when you reload.

(Along with my idea of the ready rack variable reload timing.)

sVa5KJqh.jpg

The MT55 could do with a new model, think it is the oldest one in SB now, along with the ASLAV-PC / CS / Medic

(They've been around since SB was mailed to you on a disc.)

Edited by Hedgehog

2 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

I'd like to see cases / stubs being flung out the loader's hatch when you reload.

(Along with my idea of the ready rack variable reload timing.)

sVa5KJqh.jpg

I like to see my loader feed the gun and not throw casings out of the hatch, that's why spent casing bins were invented........JK'ing

Maybe a action when the :Reload" command in activated, so we can see the loader working (throwing out casings) , and not making coffee.......boiling vessel?.....

thanks. the CV9040B and CV9040C were some of the first vehicles created for steel beasts pro pe way back in 2006, after the danish leopard 2A5DK and pizarro, and the second real military vehicle i ever got to explore the insides of in person. i remember sitting for the better part of 3 whole days inside the CV9040B troop compartment with my laptop, taking measures, pictures, asking the crew about specific details on the vehicle and modeling the interior..

needless to say, the exterior model was in dire need of a proper update. 

and yes, the vehicles in general look better now, thanks to a new lighting update that Mike has done. it takes into consideration environment light colour, which makes the vehicles blend in better with the environment. it's sort of primitive PBR. it's not perfect, but a huge step up from the older lighting system. 

3 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

Pretty sure the Pizarro came after the CV90

I remember when the CV90 was 1st released, was a 100mb download, which was large for the day.

Did we still have the Kaiser back then?

Edited by Grenny

1 minute ago, Hedgehog said:

Pretty sure the Pizarro came after the CV90

I remember when the CV90 was 1st released, was a 100mb download, which was large for the day.

hmmh, well checking my file dates, oldest CV90 exterior files are dated 02.12.2005.. interior reference is dated 22.02.2006

pizarro reference is dated 18.10.2005, which is the time i started work on the pizarro interior. so CV9040B exterior was finished december 2012, and interior was started february 2006. 

the oldest finished pizarro interior file is 13.09.2006.  and oldest finished CV9040 interior file is dated 24.03.2006

i guess what happened is that i gathered reference for the pizarro in 2005 and started work on the interior. got reassigned to the CV9040B, and finished that, then jumped back to the pizarro interior, and finished it later the same year i finished the CV9040B interior.