Tanks fail to reload main gun [FIXED]

TSe419E

I was helping Assassin 7 play test a scenario and I ran into this situation three times.

During an engagement the TC tells me to re-engage but the loader never says "up".  At this point I can no longer fire the main gun from the gunner's or the TC's position.  The coax on an Abrams is still operable but not on a Leopardo.  I gave one Leo to Assassin and he said he had no problem with it.

Battle of the beasts latest armor.sce

Edit:  This scenario has issues of playability other than the discussed issue and should not be considered as ready for use.

1) Please upload map package for scenario

2) Who was hosting, and who was  owner of the Leo?

3) Without  ability to check what is going on in scenario, I suspect that you were facing not a bug, but a new feature, if your vehicle was  positioned on reverse slope; in 4.2 vehicles, which have independent GPS LOS stabilization got  realistic  head mirror travel range in EL. This means,  that you can depress or elevate LOS of your primary sight  a way beyond of main gun travel limits; since in this case  gun is outside of coincidence window,  you would not be able to fire it.

18 hours ago, Jartsev said:

1) Please upload map package for scenario

2) Who was hosting, and who was  owner of the Leo?

3) Without  ability to check what is going on in scenario, I suspect that you were facing not a bug, but a new feature, if your vehicle was  positioned on reverse slope; in 4.2 vehicles, which have independent GPS LOS stabilization got  realistic  head mirror travel range in EL. This means,  that you can depress or elevate LOS of your primary sight  a way beyond of main gun travel limits; since in this case  gun is outside of coincidence window,  you would not be able to fire it.

It was this map:

Assassin7 was hosting, I was the client.  I was the owner of the tanks that failed.

The first instance of this happening I was generally pointed down hill at the enemy tank.  I don't remember the disposition of the others except that the hull and gun were generally pointed in the same direction.

I admit it would be a great feature if the loader had done his job.

Here is a clip from Assassin7's video showing my wing man firing while my gun stays elevated and unloaded:  https://youtu.be/mVhBrl6-R-g?t=1562

And, of course, here is where the same tank works just fine for Assassin7:  https://youtu.be/mVhBrl6-R-g?t=1935

SS_22_43_26.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Volcano changed the title to Tanks fail to reload main gun [FIXED]