Jump to content

Solved: New Feature - Bug: Loaded Plan Files Do NOT Display Graphics


Recommended Posts

With the new update, I am now unable to load any tactical graphics via a .pln that I place in a scenario.

 

Steps to replicate:

 

1. Open any scenario.

2. Place any graphic icon on the map.

3. Save the plan file.

4. Exit the scenario.

5. Reopen the scenario.

6. Load the plan file.

7. Chuck your eSim USB out the window in frustration.

 

I tried this on four different scenarios. No dice. 

 

SS_00_24_57.thumb.jpg.17dfaa6df1f4fe6579f8372991837c7c.jpg

Above is what you should see.

 

SS_00_25_40.thumb.jpg.2997256b6e9f1307c1e8164479be636c.jpg

Below is what you actually see.

 

Try it with the files below. 

Leclerc.pln Leclerc.sce

Edited by Mirzayev
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

it's a feature. Graphics are saved in a different file now allowing them to be loaded in even if the scenario has changed. Unlike a pln file.

 

I don't mind it... it just might have been nice to include something like that in the release notes... right? I mean, changing a core feature probably deserves a mention... correct? 

 

image.thumb.png.c732d00e34ea339ae5b6ea8337e81018.png

 

Don't get me wrong, I put this exact item on the wishlist. That being said, informing the end user of this change would have been appreciated. 

 

Oh well. My mistake is a lesson for all others, I guess. 

Edited by Mirzayev
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, DarkAngel said:

it's a feature. Graphics are saved in a different file now allowing them to be loaded in even if the scenario has changed. Unlike a pln file.

Then how is the save plan supposed to work now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grenny said:

Then how is the save plan supposed to work now?

I did some experimenting with it... 

 

So the .pln file ONLY contains things related to unit movements, like waypoints, etc.

 

The new .mrk file contains all of the graphics.

 

The good news is that if a scenario changes, you don't lose all of your graphics cause they can be applied to any map. 

 

Again, I welcome this change, but it would have been nice to not learn about it through experimentation. 

Edited by Mirzayev
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

I did some experimenting with it... 

 

So the .pln file ONLY contains things related to unit movements, like waypoints, etc.

 

The new .mrk file contains all of the graphics.

 

The good news is that if a scenario changes, you don't lose all of your graphics cause they can be applied to any map. 

 

Again, I welcome this change, but it would have been nice to not learn about it through experimentation. 

I see...hmmm, never noted that either...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mirzayev changed the title to Solved: New Feature - Bug: Loaded Plan Files Do NOT Display Graphics
7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Somehow the feature crept in without leaving a trace in the documentation that I was handed to compile the Release Notes. My apologies. This was not intentionally omitted.

I believe you on that. Just frustrated is all. I'll live. At least it has been identified. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Looks like you need to save the plan and the overlay now to achieve the earlier product?

 

Yes. The benefit is that you can at least load your graphic overlays if the scenario is changed from when the overlay was saved. Works well for communicating with your fellow humans.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...