Steel Beasts Pro VorpX profile?

oscar

Hi folks! I just got VorpX a while back for VR my headset for games that natively don’t support VR. I know it doesn’t come recommended for SBP but I read someone here managed to make a profile to play SBP in VR. I’d like to know how to make or obtain such a profile and give it a try. Anyone know how to set this up?

Edited by oscar

20 hours ago, oscar said:

Hi folks! I just got VorpX a while back for VR my headset for games that natively don’t support VR. I know it doesn’t come recommended for SBP but I read someone here managed to make a profile to play SBP in VR. I’d like to know how to make or obtain such a profile and give it a try. Anyone know how to set this up?

I think he used theater projection or something like that if that makes sense to you. I don't have Vorpx so I can't try.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a friend that made a VorpX profile for the Strike Fighters 2 series. It was a little clunky navigating the menus, but once the game started in 3d, it worked very well. Unfortunately, VorpX is a moving target. Several patches later, that profile no longer works. Aside from Windows updates, everything else was the same, yet the VorpX profile stopped working. I never bothered to get the rights to create profiles and didn't need to since my friend had already done a good job on the one flight sim I had that needed it. But one way to try to get a sim working with VorpX is to try all of the existing user profiles, preferably from games designed for a similar version of DirectX and Windows. When it works correctly, the experience can be pretty close to games with proper VR support. In the case of the Strike Fighters 2 series, the older graphics (in this case DirectX 10) designed for older, less capable PCs could run at max quality settings and still maintain ideal maximum VR frame rates (i.e. 80 fps in the Rift S).

I would love to try SB Pro PE in VR. But not enough to spend a lot of time trying to shoehorn it into VorpX only to have all that work wasted when something gets patched and breaks the profile.