Piranha V / ENG not marking cleared minefield lane

munckmb

Well, it wasn't our intent  to let dozer-equipped vehicles to mark cleared path(since, technically, those markings are for  lanes through minefields, and there are no such lanes created by dozing atm), but  probably we need to revisit the subject, weight-out possible options and, possibly, make some refinements. You  know, there are some  pros and cons, plus it is possible now to mark breach site by manually placed panels.

• Members

Unlike with mineplows, anti-tank mines would not get pushed aside by a dozer shields but rather rolled into a layer op top soil before eventually exploding as the pressure inside triggers the fuze.

Most likely, the dozer shied would rip or be sheared off in that case.

If dozer shields would work for both mine clearing and earthworks, armies wouldn't procure both.

3 minutes ago, munckmb said:

Let me clarify. I used an mbt with mine plow to breach a path trough the minefield. Only then I send in a Boxer / ENG in with breach route and it marked the lane. If I send in a Piranha / ENG in with breach route, it does not mark the lane.

Wow, this a whole new twist in the story, and it doesn't sound good. Thank you  for heads-up, will investigate.