Recommended mods and updated codemeter question

StrykerPSG

Hey all!

I am a long time owner of this great series and although I have always updated and paid for the newest upgrades, I admittedly have not used this much at all in the last 6 or 7 years. It's not that I wasn't interested, but when I retired in 2016, I took up a job at Camp Casey, Korea, employing the mobile Close Combat Tactical Trainer (M-CCTT) for the rotational Abrams and Bradley crews. Now that I am stateside working with GDLS/NET selling all things Stryker related, I am interested in getting back into this sim again.

So, having installed the latest update, I was reviewing the mods in the downloads section and noticed quite a few mods that speak of compatibility with the older versions of the sim, but not necessarily the latest version.

What do you guys recommend for best immersion and visual realism for terrain, maps and, well, anything that brings one fully into the best experience possible?

On a side note, I have installed the latest Codemeter software, but now have a persistent window pop up every time I start up my system that gets annoying. How do I disable it and can I now download my dongle info onto that program to enable not installing the dongle each time?

Thanks for your replies and taking the time to read my post. Looking forward to seeing this sim get even better and hoping some day, we see an M1 SEP v2 and M2A3, not to mention the Stryker line up that continues to grow and mature as any other successful battlefield platform does.

Matt

• Members

I think you should first try SB Pro PE out of the box. You might like what you see. ;)

Then, if there are specific issues remaining I'd then start searching for related mods, and see if they were compatible or not.

I'm not sure what popup window you're referring to. Feel free to send me a screenshot of it by email. There is no pop-up that we deliberately put anywhere except, perhaps, the warning of an expiring license (which will go away after the license has expired).

For what it is worth, I run it without mods, with the exception of some distortion added to the radio voices to make it more "cinematic." Unless there is a specific scenario that is not covered in game ("I want my M1A2s to have Ethopian markings!") it'll probably be fine. Besides, I guarantee you will be immersed when you are fixed in position and fighting like hell against enemy tanks and infantry trying to exploit your flanks. :) 

I would start by looking for some quality missions to start with. @Apocalypse 31 made the first user-made Operation and released it within the past few weeks. It is VERY new-player friendly, and exposed you to several platforms that you might use within Steel Beasts. Check it out! 

As for Strykers, you can approximate them at this time with the Piranha line of vehicles. The Piranha V looks *very close* to a Stryker ICV, and there is also a mortar carrier and a Command variant available. Use a Centauro to approximate the MGS, and you are pretty close to an actual Stryker unit in function. 

On 1/31/2021 at 6:26 PM, StrykerPSG said:

Hey all!

I am a long time owner of this great series and although I have always updated and paid for the newest upgrades, I admittedly have not used this much at all in the last 6 or 7 years. It's not that I wasn't interested, but when I retired in 2016, I took up a job at Camp Casey, Korea, employing the mobile Close Combat Tactical Trainer (M-CCTT) for the rotational Abrams and Bradley crews. Now that I am stateside working with GDLS/NET selling all things Stryker related, I am interested in getting back into this sim again.

So, having installed the latest update, I was reviewing the mods in the downloads section and noticed quite a few mods that speak of compatibility with the older versions of the sim, but not necessarily the latest version.

What do you guys recommend for best immersion and visual realism for terrain, maps and, well, anything that brings one fully into the best experience possible?

On a side note, I have installed the latest Codemeter software, but now have a persistent window pop up every time I start up my system that gets annoying. How do I disable it and can I now download my dongle info onto that program to enable not installing the dongle each time?

Thanks for your replies and taking the time to read my post. Looking forward to seeing this sim get even better and hoping some day, we see an M1 SEP v2 and M2A3, not to mention the Stryker line up that continues to grow and mature as any other successful battlefield platform does.

Matt

Ranger Buddy, 

Let me know if you ever want to take the ingame 'Stryker' for a run. 

19 hours ago, Mirzayev said:

For what it is worth, I run it without mods, with the exception of some distortion added to the radio voices to make it more "cinematic." Unless there is a specific scenario that is not covered in game ("I want my M1A2s to have Ethopian markings!") it'll probably be fine. Besides, I guarantee you will be immersed when you are fixed in position and fighting like hell against enemy tanks and infantry trying to exploit your flanks. :) 

I would start by looking for some quality missions to start with. @Apocalypse 31 made the first user-made Operation and released it within the past few weeks. It is VERY new-player friendly, and exposed you to several platforms that you might use within Steel Beasts. Check it out! 

As for Strykers, you can approximate them at this time with the Piranha line of vehicles. The Piranha V looks *very close* to a Stryker ICV, and there is also a mortar carrier and a Command variant available. Use a Centauro to approximate the MGS, and you are pretty close to an actual Stryker unit in function. 

Thank you Mirzayev. I have indeed downloaded his file and will give her a shot. You know, before the US Army actually chose the LAV III platform and we were an Interim Brigade Combat Team in testing still, we actually had Centauro's thrown into the testing fray of vehicles, along with Fuchs, Spahpanzer Luchs, Canadian LAVs w/25mm and some Malaysian design. It was a pretty interesting time for a few years. I will indeed give them a try. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Ranger Buddy, 

Let me know if you ever want to take the ingame 'Stryker' for a run. 

Roger that Sir! Give me a few weeks to get back into the saddle. You should really come out to Carson to see how our beloved Stryker has grown up. New engine, bigger/beefier suspension and just better all the way around than our flat hulls and DVH. We are hoping to get a piece of the action with the forthcoming IM-SHORAD, CROWS-J and the finalized Dragoon, with whichever turret gets finalized. Exciting times for the vehicle.

On 1/31/2021 at 4:36 PM, Ssnake said:

I think you should first try SB Pro PE out of the box. You might like what you see. ;)

Then, if there are specific issues remaining I'd then start searching for related mods, and see if they were compatible or not.

I'm not sure what popup window you're referring to. Feel free to send me a screenshot of it by email. There is no pop-up that we deliberately put anywhere except, perhaps, the warning of an expiring license (which will go away after the license has expired).

Roger that Ssnake. I will give her a shake down the next few weeks. Also, I will send you the screen shot of the Codemeter window I was speaking of earlier. 

Thanks for all you do in making this series even greater.

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Thanks Nils! It worked like a champ! Now time to dig in and re-acquaint myself with the sim.

16 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

Who do you think field tested it? I was driving my M1130A1 CV up and down the hills of Yakima with ease! 

Without a doubt, the additional torque from the uprated C9 Caterpillar is simply phenomenal! It does indeed climb like a billy goat and tows other Stryker's with ease.

We field A1s to 1-2 SBCT next year, hopefully, so will get some time back on ground to enjoy the new house, bike and family.