KANIUM Sunday 28th of February - Tank Battle near Willingen close to Soltau 18. September 1987 by SwordsmanDK

Nike-Ajax

KANIUM Sunday 28th of February - Tank Battle near Willingen close to Soltau 18. September 1987 by SwordsmanDK

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1800 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - now adjusted for Summer Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1900 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ps6Ol4Bbjj_H_eyeuOAi1GgxPVh0lTji/view?usp=sharing

Untile further notice will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

AS always, then we are running the session with the latest version of Steelbeasts.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 😁

map.thumb.png.5f4f2ea113fd34702eaf3e30cdb97f7c.png

878765864_map2.thumb.png.6cd1bcbd9bd8d88dec63a9770714918c.png

Tank_Battle_near_Willingen_close_to_Soltau_18_September_1987_BG_Size_V1

1) SITUATION:

a) Enemy:
    An enemy Battalion from the 4th Guards Brigade is established in a defensive line south of Soltau.

They are most likely arrayed with 2x Companies foward, defending with tanks and infantry near R11(Route11) with an additional armor reserve located at the southern outskirts of Soltau. Heavy Engineer activity has been observed.

b) Own:
    The 32nd is part of a Division-sized offensive, led by the 4th US Infantry Division that is aimed at retaking Hamburg. The initial assault will be led by the 32nd, that will size a foothold south of Soltau, and will pass elements of 4th US Infantry Division into Soltau and north to Hamburg.

c) Attachments and detachments:
    - 1 BTY M109 off map attached with FO + 2x M106 Mortar for smoke missions
    - All 4-Callsign Tanks (1-4 or 4-4) has dozer blades for emergency clearing of obstacles. Bypass if possible.

2) MISSION:

Attack and to seize OBJ TIGER in order to pass elements of 4th Infantry Division north to Soltau.

Key Tasks
    1. Attack North East to Seize OBJ TIGER  and OBJ LION
    2. Clear R11 for future operation and reinforcements.

End State: OBJ Tiger is seized and a foothold has been established in southern Soltau that will enable future offensive operations.

3) EXECUTION:

By CO´s orders

4) COMMAND AND SIGNALS:
    COY BG 26000

NOTES:
- Red side AI can shoot arty
- Blue side inf is armed with Dragon II and M60
- Player end mission when OBJ TIGER is secured

Manning:

TF Kanium Command 

A66 (M1A1): Mirzayev (Kanium,US)

A65 (M1A1):

P66 (M981 FISTV): Hedgehog (UKarmour,UK)

P65 (M981 FISTV):

A1 (M1A1)

A11 Assassin (Kanium,US),  Texascutioner (?,?) (possibly in A4)

A12 Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

A13 Higgs (?,CH)

A14 Badger (Kanium,CAN)

A2 (M1A1)

A21 Irish Hussar (Kanium,UK)

A22 Battle Bureaucrat (Kanium,PL)

A23 Connough (Kanium,US)

A24 Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

A3 (M1A1)

A31 ChrisReb (Kanium,UK)

A32 Roerbaek (Kanium,DK)

A33

A34 Hub (?,?)

A4 (M1A1)

A41 Stevo (?,?)

A42 Tankenator (Kanium,US)

A43 

A44 Colebrook (Kanium,ESP)

B1 (M2A2 ODS)

B11 Kingtiger (Kanium,SE)
B12 SnS (Kanium,UK)

B13 Snoggy (Kanium,CAN)

B14 Wiglif (Kanium,US)

B2 (M2A2 ODS)

B21 Grenny (Kanium,DE)
B22 O. Schmidt (Kanium,DE)

B23 SwordsmanDK (Kanium,DK)

B24 RedWarDancer (Kanium,US)

A5:  (CSS)

A8: 2 x SP MTR  + SUPPLY

RESERVES:

A7: M1A1 x 4

B3: M2A2 (ODS) x 4

OPFOR: 

Nike-Ajax, no more needed for now

Where needed:

Freyberg (Kanium,ITA) (Master Gunner for a TNK)

Cant make it:

Timex22 (?,US)

Hosting:

Assassin

(27/27)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

52 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

@hedge  yeah 

the original reforger mission was m1ip+Bradley vs britkit 

i have made it in several versions but last time everyone took a beating so had to up the units a bit 😝😂

Hmmm .... they might still possibly get a beating on Sunday if they are not handy with the steel, if you know what I mean ... 😇

A1 (M1A1)

A13

If still available.

(i believe I talked to someone recently who usually plays that role so if that person wants to that's okay for me but if it is free, I'd take it. I don't remeber the name unfortunately.)

Edited by Higgs

15 hours ago, Higgs said:

A1 (M1A1)

A13

If still available.

(i believe I talked to someone recently who usually plays that role so if that person wants to that's okay for me but if it is free, I'd take it. I don't remeber the name unfortunately.)

We welcome you and I work with respect for everyone, but generally on a first come first served principle.

So I am happy to slot you into A13.

On 2/25/2021 at 10:42 AM, Nike-Ajax said:

We still have room for a few more guys.

And we will open another PLT of TNKs if we have 2 guys wanting to join on their own.

But we also need a PLT LDR for A3 ... ahem @chrisreb would be ever so grateful if you have the time and inclination 😉

@chrisreb...note that I also would be grateful to have you as plt-sgt, which is the far more glorious position 😉

2 hours ago, Grenny said:

@chrisreb...note that I also would be grateful to have you as plt-sgt, which is the far more glorious position 😉

yes yes ... while I appreciate @Grenny´s enthusiasm, then IF Chris can join I need him more as PLT Ldr 😁

32 minutes ago, RedWardancer said:

B24 please.  It's been quite some time since I have last played online.  Now that I'm back on a day shift schedule, this should be back to a thing.  Eager to make foes eat TOWs again!

Done and welcome back 😃