Fennek BAA controls

rump

Hi,

I can't figure out how to raise the BAA on the Fennek. Shift+Q does not raise it completely.

Also noticed that it doesn't always raise (completly) the BAA by itself when on a waypoint with tactics.

Bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards,

Rump

20 hours ago, rump said:

Hi,

I can't figure out how to raise the BAA on the Fennek. Shift+Q does not raise it completely.

Yes, Shift+Q and Shift+Z only erect and stow BAA respectively. To fully extend or lower mast you need to use Alt+Q and Al+Z(and to manipulate mast it is easier to use  clickable buttons on SBP, BTW)

Also noticed that it doesn't always raise (completly) the BAA by itself when on a waypoint with tactics.

Bug or am I doing something wrong?

1) AI crew  would never erect, elevate, lower or stow BAA on its own if  there is a human user in F8 view; this is an intent

2) AI crew, if  human user is not present,  would always erect BAA from stowed position on routes with Scout tactics, if route speed setting is 'Slow' or 6-20kph

3) From memory,  on battle positions, if  human user is not present,  AI crew may take in to account terrain profile in order to maintain hull-down, and this may affect how much mast is extended

2 hours ago, Jartsev said:

Yes, Shift+Q and Shift+Z only erect and stow BAA respectively. To fully extend or lower mast you need to use Alt+Q and Al+Z(and to manipulate mast it is easier to use  clickable buttons on SBP, BTW)

1) AI crew  would never erect, elevate, lower or stow BAA on its own if  there is a human user in F8 view; this is an intent

2) AI crew, if  human user is not present,  would always erect BAA from stowed position on routes with Scout tactics, if route speed setting is 'Slow' or 6-20kph

3) From memory,  on battle positions, if  human user is not present,  AI crew may take in to account terrain profile in order to maintain hull-down, and this may affect how much mast is extended

Thanks!