K2PL and K2M.

Damian90

I must say I am really impressed by K2PL and K2M design. These concepts are simply new, better designed hull and turret for basic K2 Black Panther components. K2PL/K2M do not have weak zones in their front projection + side and rear protection had been improved. Also ergonomics were improved. It is said that K2PL/K2M is being designed with fully isolated turret and hull ammo magazines with blow off panels. IMHO K2PL/K2M offers better protection than Leopard 2A7V and comparable protection as M1A2SEPv3, but at lower weight, which is said by Hyundai Rotem to be calculated at around ~60 metric tons.

In general I really hope that cooperation with Republic of Korea will be choosen and K2PL will be our next gen MBT, codenamed "Wilk" ("Wolf").

K2PL:
eaXAfWu.jpg

HWjUXwx.jpg

i3rVsaA.jpg

dYhPqss.jpg

J7VTBHA.jpg

8Jl96Qt.jpg

4lRMgez.jpg

4lRMgez.jpg
K2M:

7l6wf7S.jpg

JHpfByc.jpg

0CDkesi.jpg

MKqYNMJ.jpg

HkiUCBR.jpg

qwSl66w.jpg

mp4kJP4.jpg

FBkyVuS.jpg

K2M photos by Hubert Marciniak.

lWtV7v6.jpg

JKfhK6d.jpg

K2 have very advanced fire control system and optics. It's thermal sight have zoom levels comparable to M1A2SEP. It is 4x, 15x, 30x and 60x, however I am not certain if day channel also might have such zoom levels.

qVXMKNT.jpg
Official statements also say that K2 120mm K279 APFSDS can penetrate ~700mm of RHA. We also know that basic K2 front armor was tested against K279 and armor was capable to stop it. Worth to consider that K2PL/K2M front turret and hull armor is thicker.

iuVnCW2.jpg

K2 TC station.

OyNptnz.jpg

K2 gunner station.

k7HRycW.jpg
We can slightly see where the turret front armor ends in front of gunner primary sight.

Interior of the K2 Black Panther turret.

zNw7czT.jpg

drOESOl.jpg

sTrInFp.jpg

Driver station and hull ammunition rack in basic K2. K2PL and K2M aims at eliminating this dangerous ammo rack and replace it with single or two smaller fully isolated ammo racks with blow off panels.

QbPJTYR.jpg

At the moment we know that within "Wilk" program, Polish Army and MoD already talked with Hyundai Rotem about their proposal, and we can assume from small information we have, that K2PL is considered (and might be considered very seriously, considering what former chief of the Land Forces said recently in interview, as well that just few days ago Polish and Korean goverments signed agreement on strategic cooperation, and that Korea will help to build new very large airport).

Another confrmed contenders for "Wilk" program are M1 Abrams (variant unknown), and also probably Leopard 2 (also variant unknown).

However only Republic of Korea and Hyundai Rotem during last year MSPO mentioned what they offer, which is full license and polonization of the K2PL, Korea would finance development of prototypes and also give Poland preferential credits to build and start production line in Poland. As well as further cooperation in civilian and military industry.