Having trouble port-forwarding for Steel Beasts Pro

Cup1154

Hello, my friends and I are new to Steel Beasts and we've just gotten Into the game and I am the only one that can host, we've run Into some problems where my friends could not see the server even though they have my IP and Its port forwarded. When they try and connect to the server all they can see Is join sessions, but there are no sessions to join. Any Ideas to what the problem could be? We've tried hamachi as well, but that doesn't work, as well as leaving the port section empty.

Hi and Welcome!

There's a bunch of possibilities:

1. Windows or other firewall blocking traffic.

2. Using the wrong IP address (esp. if you are telling your friend to use something like 192.168.X.X or 10.X.X.X).

3. Not having the right ports open on the Host's side (Clients don't need any open).

4. Not having a static WAN IP address and your ISP keeps changing it.

5. Fat Fingers (leaving a space prior to the IP address or mistyping it).

6. Trying to use IP6.

7. ...

If you can wait about 3 hours I can talk you through options / do some testing, once I get home.

35 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

Hi and Welcome!

There's a bunch of possibilities:

1. Windows or other firewall blocking traffic.

2. Using the wrong IP address (esp. if you are telling your friend to use something like 192.168.X.X or 10.X.X.X).

3. Not having the right ports open on the Host's side (Clients don't need any open).

4. Not having a static WAN IP address and your ISP keeps changing it.

5. Fat Fingers (leaving a space prior to the IP address or mistyping it).

6. Trying to use IP6.

7. ...

If you can wait about 3 hours I can talk you through options / do some testing, once I get home.

Thank you for the help, I believe the problem Is because we're using a 192.168.X.X. style address from my computer. I will be on tomorrow to discuss further.

43 minutes ago, Cup1154 said:

Thank you for the help, I believe the problem Is because we're using a 192.168.X.X. style address from my computer. I will be on tomorrow to discuss further.

In that case you are using the computers IP address on your internal network, not the IP address seen by devices outside your home (i.e. beyond your Router / Modem).

If you do this:

39 minutes ago, Sean said:

Open up a web browser and enter "what is my ip" into the search box.  That is the ip you should be giving to your friends.

Then you'll likely get a different (WAN IP) address.

Unsure when your "tomorrow" is for me - but the nature of my workplace prevents me from helping you with testing until I get home.

Edited by Gibsonm