New forum software - possible loss of functionality?

Gibsonm

Hi,

I seem to recall (I maybe wrong) that previously we could see both outgoing and incoming PM traffic.

Now "we" (I at least) are only able to observe PMs we have sent.

There is an option to create additional folders beyond the Inbox, but my attempts to create various "out type" folders (Outbox, Sent, etc.) don't seem to display anything.

1. Is there an option to display historic outbound message traffic?

2. If we need to start from scratch - what is the name of the folder I need to create in order to display future outgoing PMs?

3. Is it just a capacity / performance constraint that we are just no longer able to store / display outgoing PMs?

4. Did they get "lost" in the upgrade?

5. Perhaps my recollection is just incorrect?

• Administrators

From what I can see:

Inbox has threads that contain all the messages involved in a conversation going in both directions.  That history stays there until I delete it.  

There are some filters I can use to filter by who started the conversation, but they don't apply per folder.  So I don't think there would be any way to simulate an outbox.  

I can add additional folders, and move message threads to those folders.  

It's been long enough that I cannot remember what the previous version of forum software did with the messages.