Emplacements and Plans

TSe419E

While preparing for Friday's TGIF session I made a plan and an overlay and saved them.  I reopened the scenario and loaded the plan which, as expected moved the units.  When I loaded the overlay the graphics were displayed and the minefields were positioned.  The concertina wire, tank ditch, and emplacements, however, were not moved to there intended positions.  Is this how it is supposed to work?

Edited by TSe419E

14 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

The overlay did not save the position of the emplacements, the wire, or the tank ditch.

Ah, sorry...

1) Obstacles and fortifications were not re-deployed during offline test run or  during actual TGIF session?

2) Who was the owner of those assets? Did they had multiple owners? 

30 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

The overlay did not save the position of the emplacements, the wire, or the tank ditch.

From what I understand, then the "map Overlay" only does just that. so save whatever annotations and markings you made on the map.

Where as the saving of a plan (so a .pln file) sabes what you did in the world INCLUDING map markings. 

So to keep what you describe, you need to save it as a plan and not a map overlay.

52 minutes ago, Jartsev said:

Ah, sorry...

1) Obstacles and fortifications were not re-deployed during offline test run or  during actual TGIF session?

2) Who was the owner of those assets? Did they had multiple owners? 

1) During offline test.

2) I assume as the only player I owned them.  As far as the scenario allowing more than one person to place them I do not know.

45 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

From what I understand, then the "map Overlay" only does just that. so save whatever annotations and markings you made on the map.

Where as the saving of a plan (so a .pln file) sabes what you did in the world INCLUDING map markings. 

So to keep what you describe, you need to save it as a plan and not a map overlay.

He already said that he saved both the overlay and the plan file, and neither of them positioned the wire etc when loaded.

46 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

I saved both plan and overlay and the listed items were not placed when plan and overlay were loaded.

48 minutes ago, TSe419E said:

1) During offline test.

2) I assume as the only player I owned them.  As far as the scenario allowing more than one person to place them I do not know.

Ok, trying  to reproduce here, but  without much luck so far.

Certain things worthy to mention:

-During offline session you can reposition any deployable obstacle, fortification or panel disregarding of ownership, and save their updated position  to  map overlay file. 

-If this file is loaded then during network session, then only obstacles and panels, which have your unit as defined owner, will be re-positioned. Note that I didn't mentioned fortifications(bunkers and emplacements), since  they are always owned by all users. This brings another issue- what happens in network session if there are multiple owners? In this case settings from 1st loaded plan are applied, and if anyone loads another plan file with other settings(for example- with  emplacements deployed somewhere else) those conflicting settings would not be applied.