Unable to full screen game (freeze and hang) 4k screen

zhaloa

Hi all,

I'm having an issue where I'm unable to full screen my game. This causes issues with the UI and text within the screens/scopes of vehicles. Is there a fix for this? I tried the commandline "fix" but it doesn't really solve the issue

PC Specs:
i7 10700K 
Asus RTX 3090
MSI Z490 ACE

Win 10 Pro N 64bit

I had this problem and the culprit was Nahimic. Since you also have a MSI motherboard, I think it's quite probable that you have the same issue. The problem is that it's not exactly easy to get rid of this. It get's rooted in the system like a virus and serves no clear purpose.

Here's a follow up:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1281065-what-is-nahimic-companion-and-why-is-it-suddenly-on-my-custom-pc/

Edited by stormrider_sp

5 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

I had this problem and the culprit was Nahimic. Since you also have a MSI motherboard, I think it's quite probable that you have the same issue. The problem is that it's not exactly easy to get rid of this. It get's rooted in the system like a virus and serves no clear purpose.

Here's a follow up:

https://linustechtips.com/topic/1281065-what-is-nahimic-companion-and-why-is-it-suddenly-on-my-custom-pc/

It's great software though...man this is so dumb...

Hi guys,

Just for feedback, SB Pro PE runs well in 4K full screen (3840x2160) on my Pc (MSIZ390 / I9 9900K / 32Go / RTX2080 Super)

Windows 10Pro 64bits release 20H2

Nvidia driver 457.09

without any overclocking

without any tuning tools or motherboard/graphic card vendor utilities

Edited by Bastien

I also run 4k well with a 1080 ti at 3840/1080 what you have to control as have been a problem is you scale like when your on a webpage and you hold down control and use the scroll wheel to make it bigger or small i have no problem when it is set to 100 but it issent functioning as soon as I scale it

MD

Edited by Major duck

11 hours ago, Bastien said:

Hi guys,

Just for feedback, SB Pro PE runs well in 4K full screen (3840x2160) on my Pc (MSIZ390 / I9 9900K / 32Go / RTX2080 Super)

Windows 10Pro 64bits release 20H2

Nvidia driver 457.09

without any overclocking

without any tuning tools or motherboard/graphic card vendor utilities

Well, not surprising... 9900k + 2080 Super! 😂

Does SB make full use of 32Go Ram?

vous êtes français?

On 3/25/2021 at 7:34 AM, stormrider_sp said:

Well, not surprising... 9900k + 2080 Super! 😂

Does SB make full use of 32Go Ram?

vous êtes français?

Hi,

With SB running, system memory usage doesn't exceed 25-30% (probably map/mission dependent)

Affirm! je suis français

Edited by Bastien

• 2 months later...

As Major Duck has stated, it is a windows scaling problem. 

If you want to play SB on a 4K display, like a HD TV, you must first set windows scaling to 100%.  You likely have it set to 400% or higher, like I did to make windows usable.   This of course will make everything on the screen tiny, and hard to read.   But you can then launch the game, and everything will work fine.  In the game, I think I selected a 2K resolution as well(full screen).

This is a problem that is well know, and we hope to address it in the future.  It is not uncommon though, and I have had several programs that are basically unusable because they cannot scale to 4k resolutions.  Unusable in the sense that you can not read the text in the programs.  Which then forces you to use a lower resolution, even if your pc/display are 4k ready. 

And credit goes to Rotar for figuring this out. 

Windows scaling can be accessed by right click on the desktop, and selecting display settings.     

Edited by RogueSnake79