Multicrew network synch rubberband problems

Lumituisku

I am not sure how to bring this up.  I suppose I could use Scimitar as mannekin for this problem, but while on some vehicles this problem is more obvious than others this problem is pretty bad in general. Maybe problem is on my side as I am host?  but I suppose it could be something to do with Steelbeast too.  

Worst thing here being that vehicle commander cannot rely on what he can observe gunner doing to be true.  Not even of where shot's fall to correct gunners firing. And I have observed over the years this to happen to others too.. not just myself. So this is hardly problem just on my end, but for now I am willing to do all there is I can do to make this better if any good suggestions or ideas come up how to make this better.

I have recently started doing lot of multicrew on discord with all players sharing screens for each others.  And it is pretty obvious that when commander can see player gunners missile or shot to miss target,  it still kills the target or damages it with direct hit. I do have some videos and AARs of these happening, how ever only from my point of view for now.  

-> Scimitar  seems to suffer especially bad rubberbanding effect.  It may have something to do with the nature of player gunners controls being arrow key only.  

-> Bmp-2 missile seems to be another terrible case where commander has to just cringe and ask from player gunner if it did actually hit or not.  

-> Leopard commanders too often sees player gunners shots fall with too little or too much lead.  I have feeling that same is true for M1s and Challenger too. 

- I do not have any kind of antivirus program on my pc  other than default windows defender 

- I have a pretty good interned for specifically hosting steelbeast sessions. 

image.png.b23f18690afb8f1474d3bd82d5cbf761.png

I am not sure if I could do anything to improve this.    My Steelbeast comrades that I play with are from all over the world, though USA ones are most active. 

• Members

Hard to say with internet connection where exactly the fault lies (not an excuse for doing nothing, of course). But because of this, the shot resolution is done on the gunner's client PC side and then reported to the session host. While discrepancies are not nice in general, at least the gunner's result is "more correct" because there are no network issues interfering between squeezing the trigger and impact. That just FYI.

On scimitar the rubber banding of turret happens even on lan session. Just have a second session open and swing turret or hull from one direction to another and witness the tenuously slow rubber banding where turret first overshoots the desired position and then overshoots again but less... Eventually finding right place on third or more overshoots. That makes me believe that there may be some... Improvement to be done game vise too. 

There is also possible to observe similar behavior on  t72s commander cupola. It just.. well swings on its own eventually catching up. Even if player commander would have it locked in place. I think I have also seen something similar happening with gun barrels swinging back and forth on various older tanks and IFVs as driver. 

I think I will upload some videos at some point just to showcase some examples

• 2 weeks later...

On scimitar rubberbanding happens... even on LAN sessions.    Gunner on  left not moving turret,  commander on right.. observing turret swinging. This is really easy to re-produce,  just have two sessions open and go to scimitar as gunner and commander or driver and either swing hull or quickly rotate turret a bit and observe from other point of view how bad the rubberbanding on scimitar is.