4.259 Posted

Sean

• Members

Short answer: Yes.

If you use the Bundle installer, it will detect if you have version 4.250 installed already, and then just download and apply an update.

(It would also detect if you have 4.259 already installed and do nothing, and it can detect if you have version 4.167 installed and then launch its uninstaller.)

If you install manually, you basically have to make the same decisions as described above, just apply them individually and by yourself.

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

Performance wise, DM63 makes no difference to DM53. Its main innovation is that, unlike DM53, it has a largely temperature-invariant (in the -20...+50°C range) propellant mix.

So in Steel Beasts DM53 and DM63 is functionally identical? The release notes mention DM73 being available on tanks with the L55, but only the DM63 seems to made it into the update.

Also, it does indeed run on an laptop with HD 4000 now, but not surprisingly I was only getting low single digit frame rates when looking at a forest through binoculars with every graphics slider at minimum, so it might be better suited for just showing the map on a second computer.

• Members

Yeah, we never bothered adding a re-labeled DM53 duplicate because it seemed rather pointless. But, some customers wanted it for cosmetic reasons so we complied since it didn't cost much effort in the first place. The DM73, well, we decided that we wanted to keep the update installer at a reasonable size so it was removed at the last minute. Again, it's a DM53 with a few more percent of performance squeezed from the existing design. Since it hasn't yet been fielded and won't be before the end of the year, while it's a bit sad that it didn't make the cut I think that the difference is not so dramatic - except for a single relevant case within the Steel Beasts vehicle zoo, and that is Armata frontal hull hits.

But you can expect it in one of the next updates, though maybe not exactly the next one. It appears likely that we'll have to take another round with the patches because of the performance loss with some smoke situations and then one or two other things as well. But whether it justifies blowing up the patch size massively for a the addition of a single round type is a question that we have to solve internally. 

hey! Just read this at PDF "At night, the interior lighting for a large number of vehicles could be improved, probably obviating a number of night-related vehicle interior texture mods." (page 13)

Those are cockpit lights for night gameplay, right? 👀 Didn't try 4.259 yet, please is that feature in the build or will be in future versions? That is one of my most wanted/waited features. Sorry english is not my main language and that "could" sure talks about the future  🧐 

Thanks for the patch!! 

12 minutes ago, Vikingo said:

嘿!只需在PDF上阅读以下内容即可:“在夜间,可以改善大量车辆的内部照明,可能避免了许多与夜间有关的车辆内部纹理mod。” (第13页)

那些是晚上玩游戏的座舱灯,对吗? 没有尝试4.259,请问该功能是在构建中还是将在以后的版本中使用?那是我最想要/最期待的功能之一。抱歉,英语不是我的主要语言,所以“可以”肯定谈论未来  吗? 

谢谢你的补丁! 

Since 4.250

1617408863764.png

1617408857008.png

1617408852573.png

RE "uninstall SB Pro PE and older versions of the Map Transfer Tools"

1) Where can I find the Map Transfer Tools on my computer ?

For now I found on my computer these two files (apart to SB Pro PE):

a) Steel Beasts Legacy Map Installer version 1.0 - 556 Mb - 20/08/2019 

b) Steel Beasts Maps version 1.0 - 13.6 Gb - 13/03/2020

=> Which one of those two is the Map Transfer Tools ?

=> Which one of those two should I uninstall ? both, or only one of them  or none of them ?

2) Map Transfer Tools:

Is this the "SB Pro Maps Download Manager – now renamed to the Map Package Transfer Manager" that is mentioned on the Download page ?

3) The Download page also has this: "SB Pro PE Maps Installer

=> Is it different from "Map Package Transfer Manager" ?

=> Is it the same as  "Steel Beasts Maps version 1.0" currently on my computer

=> Do I install it also on my computer ?

NB on the Red USB-stick I found various files: SBMapPackageInstaller

Thx !

• Members
22 minutes ago, Koen said:

1) Where can I find the Map Transfer Tools on my computer ?

They would normally be installed as a separate program in C:\Programs\eSim Games\.... (unlike all the other options that you mentioned), with an entry in the Windows Start Menu (unlike all the other options that you mentioned).

23 minutes ago, Koen said:

a) Steel Beasts Legacy Map Installer version 1.0 - 556 Mb - 20/08/2019 

b) Steel Beasts Maps version 1.0 - 13.6 Gb - 13/03/2020

None of the two are the Map Package Transfer Tools. The Legacy Maps installer is a highly optional item that doesn't hurt to have, especially if you have a heap of old scenarios that still need to be converted to the new formats. The Steel Beasts Maps are all the standard map packages in the new format. We kept them as a separate installation so you can update SB Pro PE without having to re-download the whole 14 GByte.

26 minutes ago, Koen said:

2) Map Transfer Tools:

Is this the "SB Pro Maps Download Manager – now renamed to the Map Package Transfer Manager" that is mentioned on the Download page ?

Yes.

3) The Download page also has this: "SB Pro PE Maps Installer

=> Is it different from "Map Package Transfer Manager" ?

Yes.

=> Is it the same as  "Steel Beasts Maps version 1.0" currently on my computer

Yes.

27 minutes ago, Koen said:

=> Do I install it also on my computer ?

Yes, but I presume you already have it.

27 minutes ago, Koen said:

on the Red USB-stick I found various files: SBMapPackageInstaller

It's the same 13.6 GByte as the "Steel Beasts Maps 1.0". Yes, they are needed.