KANIUM Friday 9th of April - Wacht am Rhein Mission1.5 (intermission - special extra session)

Nike-Ajax

KANIUM Friday 9th of April - Wacht am Rhein Mission1.5 (intermission - special extra session)

Where: Kanium TS : teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 
World Clock 1800 GMT (Same time as always in Europe - adjusted for Daylight Savings Time: click the time below for your local time) 

World clock 1800 GMT

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This SB session may be recorded with video and sound and uploaded, including to a public youtube channel. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE II:

I suggest to all who play with us download and install Chris mappack:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ps6Ol4Bbjj_H_eyeuOAi1GgxPVh0lTji/view?usp=sharing

Until further notice will be working with this mappack and the official one when making scenarios.

AS always, then we are running the session with the latest version of Steelbeasts.

Everybody is Welcome: you don't have to belong to Kanium. We love playing with you all, the arranger and CO loves you even more if you sign up in advance 😁

1660248769_map1.thumb.png.b1330bb93476fac20032d23a5b0ee4f6.png

89305030_map2.thumb.png.bf09cb602b0889cdf7b16e8a1421984c.png

Wacht am Rhein Mission1.5 (intermission)

Date:  1982/4/4

By Swordsmandk, Major Duck, NikeAjax, (Gibson for maps) (Abraxas for ORBATS)

---------------
>>OBS<<<
Kanium Callsign Template explained:
H79= BDE CO
H59= ATGM CO
H6= 331th CO
R= Recce units 2nd COY, 11th Panzer Auf. BTN
E= Engineer Assets
P= Artillery Units
T= Heimatzschutz and Jäger units
>>OBS<<<
----------------

Issuing HQ: 33 BDE HQ
To List A

SITUATION

General.

NVA MotSchtz Division is attacking in area Soltau-Bergen and has forced a breach between Munster and Hermannsburg. We have located the Forward Detachment (FD) and likely main avenue of approach to exploit the breach and advance further in depth.

Own Forces:

332nd PzG BTN is holding Munster
22nd Arm BDE elements is holding Hermanssburg and Witzendorf (status on Witzendorf is unclear at present)
731st Jager Battalion is dugin in Soltau and Dorfmark
3311st HeimatschutzKompanie is securing bridges over the River Böhme (contact lost due to heavy jamming on net)
33 BDE HQ in Bomlitz.
331st PZ BTN, CSS and ENG assets. B COY and C COY has arrived to AO. Rest of BTN is still on route.

ENY Forces:

Dispositions:

9th NVA PzD(CAT A), first echelon forces comprising of 9th Motorised Rifle Regiment (9th MRR) with 21st Armor Regiment (21st ARR) in reserve, with Engr Plt,, Arty Bty, ATGM Plt, AD Plt, has transisted into a hasty attack, attacking west from BAD SEGEBERG between 17th and 18th BDEs. Advanced guard elements have been sighted entering BUCHHOLZ forrest moving west.

The two regiments are also involved in FIXING 17th and 18th so BDE believes only elements of the 2 eny regiments are involved in the attack. We have furthermore located the FORWARD DETACHMENT in BTN size. Own recon reports FD has moved out from staging and is currently reinforcing the bridgehead at B8 area.

OWN Forces:

2nd COY, 11th PanzerAuf. has been succesfull in neutralizing ENY recon screen and finding MCOA. Further more they have located ENY forward detachment and is preparing further recon in depth. 11th is reporting movent in the ENY AO indicating heavy troop movement.

Capabilities:

Equipment; BMP-2, T-72M, T-55AM, 2S1, Engineer MTLB, ZSU-23/4, AT-3.

Combat Effectiveness:

MRR is likely to be between 80-85% Combat Effective.

Friendly Forces:

332nd PzGr BTN on the northern flank, 22nd Arm BDE (UK) on southern flank

Taskorg: (Mission 1,5)
BDE Eng assets
1 PLT Jäger (M113 with dismount and 2x Milan)

Fires TASKORG:
3 BTY from 335th is assigned to P66 for tasking and preplanned fires

MISSION:

Mission & Tasks.

11th BDE ENG COY:
Mission:
    Prepare entrenched position between PL YANKEE and WHISKEY, Limit of Exploitation (LoE) PL SL!!!
    Purpose. PREPARE defensive positions for 331 PZ BTN and killzones to DESTROY 9th MRR FORWARD DETACHMENTS (FD).
    Outcome. 331th is able to SHAPE 9th MRR FD into killzone and destroy EF in area.

Tasks:
    SETUP security forces along the PL SL (security line)
    PREPARE own entrenched positions in cooperation with 331th C COY CO (BG CO) and B COY CO
    PREPARE own SHAPING minefield
    PREPARE own preplanned fire missions
    MARK blue routes for easy travel by 331th BTN

COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS.

Movement timings.
H Hour: 0410Z;

Boundaries. See Trace

Recovery. Damaged vehicles are to be recovered to BAA within Boundaries. Pri for repair will be LEO 1A5.
Fires.

SERVICE SUPPORT

11th own CSS will provide support. BDE CSS elements is still on route and can be requested to BDE CO if needed.

COMMAND AND SIGNAL

Bde Net: 90000
Arty Net: 60000
11st Heavy Recon BTN Net: 70000
332th Btn Command Net: 26000
331/1 Coy 26000
331/2 Coy 36000
331/3 Coy 31000
331/4 Coy 78500
332/2 Coy 48500
6 Coy 62500
DM Net (Nike,sNs,Swordie,MD)

ToE: BDE BG CELLE

33rd Panzer Brigade: 8 M577, 6 Luchs, 12 Jaguar 1 (AT Coy with 4 Plt each 3 Jaguar 1)    
        331st Panzer Battalion: 28 Leopard II, 11 Marder, 2 M577, 3 M113(San), 6 Milan
        335th Field Artillery Battalion: 18 M109A3     
        1st Field Artillery Battalion: 16 M270 MLRS
        11th Recon Battalion: 28 Leopard I, 28 Luchs     
        11th Engineer Battalion: 4 dozers, 8 AVLB, 8 PiPz, 4 MiW, 12 FSB (bridge)

Brigade units in surrounding area:
        332nd Panzergrenadier Battalion: 35 Marder, 6 M125, 6 120mm Mortar (M1064), 2 M577, 3 M113(San), 18 Milan
        333rd Panzer Battalion: 41 Leopard II, 4 M577, 12 M113
        334th Panzer Battalion: 41 Leopard II, 4 M577, 12 M113

Division assets in our AO:
    773 Feldjagerbataillon
    731st Jager Battalion: 1/2/3 Motorized Infantry Companies
    3311st HeimatschutzKompanie
    3312st HeimatschutzKompanie            
    SicherungZug 733

Manninglist ENG Mission 1.5

BDE

H79 (M577):

Defending Tank Coy:

C66 (Leopard 2A4):  Grenny (Kanium,DE)

B66 (Marder):

Engineer Coy:

E66 (Fuchs):

E65 (Fuchs):

E1 Eng PLT (Fuchs/Milan):

E11:

E12:  Cavgunner (Kanium,US)

E13:

E14:

E2 ENG PLT (Biber): No manning
E21:

E22:

E23:

E24:

E3 Eng PLT (Dachs AEV):

E31: Gibsonm (BGANZAC,AS)

E32:

E33:

E34:

E4 Supply:

No manning

H51 731 Security PLT (M113/Jaegers) + 2 marders and 2 LEO2A4:
H51:
Irish Hussar (Kanium,UK)

H52:

H53: Sgt. Anzac (?,SE)

H54: Major Duck (Kanium,DK)

OPFOR: Nike-Ajax (Kanium,DK)

Edited by Nike-Ajax

Also for those that are wondering then yes this is a engineer mission.

It’s a prep mission for the Sunday after so what ever happens during this will be carried over to Sunday. 

It’s as much a test for people that hasn’t dug any virtual wholes in the ground, prepped barb wire and so, as it is prep for the defense. 

34 minutes ago, Swordsmandk said:

It’s as much a test for people that hasn’t dug any virtual wholes in the ground, prepped barb wire and so, as it is prep for the defense. 

Should I ask, are we developing the positions in "real time" or one of the compressed time modes?

Gentlemen:

I have placed Gibsonm as a PLT LDR in one of the platoons. This of course is then depending on that we can have a firm Gentlemans agreement that no one will record this particular mission per the regulations which Gibsonm is covered by?

16 hours ago, Major duck said:

I can take 1 of the LEO PLTS (Security) if Nike take the OPFOR

Then me a Irish can control the security force together both INF (Jaeger PLT and the 2 LEO 2A4 PLT)

We can't have him be INF or Recon 2 times in a row he gets confused 🤣

MD

Done @Swordsmandk will you make the changes ?

We will make whatever changes that needs to be done tonight

One bigger problem:

Still noone stepped up for the companies...so we have no feedback on where to actually put platoon positions.

So this mission makes less sense that it should have so far...

I'm between rock and hard place right now:

a. cancel the game tonight and hoping for a changed situation next week

b. place positions to my liking, and make work for company CO player harder/impossible next week....

😕

1 hour ago, Grenny said:

One bigger problem:

Still noone stepped up for the companies...so we have no feedback on where to actually put platoon positions.

So this mission makes less sense that it should have so far...

I'm between rock and hard place right now:

a. cancel the game tonight and hoping for a changed situation next week

b. place positions to my liking, and make work for company CO player harder/impossible next week....

😕

Entirely up to you as CO 

A suggestion for a compromise:

We roll with whatever manning we have.

We let the experienced people that we have at our disposal jump into a given position and give feedback as to the viability of a given pos on an adhoc basis.
Not entirely realistic ... but doable and achives the overall aim while maintaining the overall scenario. 

My idea would be to make this into a kind of tactical training/ terrain recce session...and if we have the time digginh some BPs...

And who want can ride out on the security mission...

That way we have some learning and entertainment provided for those who signed up....

Although I need to mind-flash MD and Nike afterwards so they forget everything that OPFOR could use 😛

Edited by Grenny

1 minute ago, Grenny said:

My idea would be to make this into a kind of tactical training/ terrain recce session...and if we have the time digginh some BPs...

And who want can ride out on the security mission...

That way we have some learning and entertainment provides....

Although I need to mind-flash MD and Nike afterwards so they forget everything that OPFOR could use 😛

🤣 🙉

Nahh i will just stay away then i wont know anything at all that was why i volunteered for security and not the digging process so have fun.

MD