BLIND units in multiplayer - What is supposed to happen?

Lumituisku

Umm...  I think that here is a blind vehicle multicrew bug or perhaps a feature? related to radio damage, so reporting it here.

When you are on "Blind"  AFV,  radio damage prevents you sharing spotted targets to other crewmembers.   Aka..  as gunner you laze a target to highlight it on the map for your commander.  

It appears only for gunner...   or well one who has lazed the target.   But not other crewmembers that are inside the vehicle.  So I find that very strange.  

Simple to test really but you need two sessions, and a blind vehicle.   Have another session to laze enemy to highlight it on map and it wont appear on your's one even if you're on same vehicle.  

on test mission  all vehicles are blind,   there is 2 leapards that do not have radio damage and 2 that have.  damaged radios.   

Radio test.sce

• Members

I have no answers ready because Blind status was always intended to be a single player and AI vehicle thing, not so much to control information flow for map updates within a network session. That said, I split this off from the other thread because this seems to be an antirely different issue.

5 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I have no answers ready because Blind status was always intended to be a single player and AI vehicle thing, not so much to control information flow for map updates within a network session. That said, I split this off from the other thread because this seems to be an antirely different issue.

Yeah I can understand that, and yet... well this is bit odd in a way, this is related to Radio reports. 

Goes to show how complex things get when there is more things added.   This is like that one hidden corner that wasn't though about. 

Multicrew isn't big thing on community though, as I don't really know that many others who do multicrew, and it took this long for me to spot this as well, and this must have been around for like...  since beginning?   But then again, Multicrew as I see it, is rather essential core part of Steelbeast as crew training tool?   And to many vehicles that have BMS, if system isn't updating contacts it could cause problems.  Though...  I suppose blind vehicles are bit of odd thing.

However my group started to use Blind vehicles for multicrew because AI (non player roles in vehicle)  were too good at spotting and it was too easy to look at map constantly for contancts instead of searching those yourself.  

8 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

Yeah I can understand that, and yet... well this is bit odd in a way, this is related to Radio reports. 

Goes to show how complex things get when there is more things added.   This is like that one hidden corner that wasn't though about. 

Multicrew isn't big thing on community though, as I don't really know that many others who do multicrew, and it took this long for me to spot this as well, and this must have been around for like...  since beginning?   But then again, Multicrew as I see it, is rather essential core part of Steelbeast as crew training tool?   And to many vehicles that have BMS, if system isn't updating contacts it could cause problems.  Though...  I suppose blind vehicles are bit of odd thing.

However my group started to use Blind vehicles for multicrew because AI (non player roles in vehicle)  were too good at spotting and it was too easy to look at map constantly for contancts instead of searching those yourself.  

Multicrew is something that must shine particularly over LAN with minimum latency. I'd love to try it out someday.