AAR / Report Destroed = Still Alive [SOLVED]

Lumituisku

Sooo  for a long time I have been on lookout for this..  because on AAR I have often seen  reported destroed multible times.  And yet on scoring or report destroed numbers of enemies just don't match up or enemy is killed multible times.

Now for first time I got a clear AAR bug, that we kind of witnessed on runtime as well.  BMP-2    Co-023  (red)    is killed by our Strv-122   reported destroed and  just keeps going.  

image.thumb.png.560a848591c6dfc0a41c0d819dad3220.png

We have had similar cases happening rather often on our tanks mission.  I am not exatly sure if it is always with this same callsign but too often vehicle is reported destroed and then it isn't? 

I have a hunch that it seem's to have something to do with HEAT rounds though. 

I recommend everyone to pay attention to number of kills in mission compared to kills reported, and to AAR  whenever possible because this isn't first time I have seen odd things on AAR.

image.thumb.png.22ea0e4a1b31694f3786f33eaab389c7.png

And it just keeps going....

image.thumb.png.0809ed9dfe156f8f95448b2faaf2e96c.png

And when its hit again.

image.thumb.png.19e24c1e6dca2d9fad270d55345f22bb.png

🤯

This guy just refuses to die...

And I checked the mission, there was no conditions for repairing or reviving that one.  

Though we do have repair option on our own vehicle behind a trigger.  But only on our own vehicle. 

Tanks_2_STRV_122_vs_Russia_winter_morning_Shitty_weather_972_041021DESKTOP.aar Tanks 2 STRV-122 vs Russia winter morning Shitty weather.sce Tanks 2 STRV-122 vs Russia winter morning Shitty weather.sce_1_04-10-21_22_54_14.htm

• Members

Is the Report file from the session host or a client of the session who did NOT control/gun the Strv122 that killed the BMP commander?

Also, check the debugLog file of the session (and ideally collect the ones from other participants as well) so we can check for logged error messages.

AAR is from Gunner, but it is similar to what I had as a host.  I accidentally didn't save my AAR  :(,  Report is from host  (me)    I will get gunners one when he wakes up. 

Here is my debug log as host   DebugLog_0.txt

Note, we played several gunnery range missions at start as challenge / warmup, I suspect... dublicate ID errors are from gunnery ranges  from  

Pirantha IIC - Lemur AGL

Eagle IV - Lemur cal 50 

M113AS4 - Gunnery ranges

I have not yet found dublicade ID from tanks mission o.O  ?      I don't think that we played anything else but tanks missions.   But will check those just in case.

Will collect reports, and Debug files from others as they wake up 

I may have older AARs that show up strange number of kills compared to what there actually is on map.  But those are old ones, are those of any value?  

• Members

[20:41:03,141] CActorListArray ERROR: Scenario has duplicate unit IDs!
[20:54:08,870] CActorListArray ERROR: Scenario has duplicate unit IDs!
[21:01:14,457] CActorListArray ERROR: Scenario has duplicate unit IDs!

I have no conclusive proof, but I suspect that herein lies the problem. Would be useful to know the names of those scenarios.

I am pretty sure those are following gunnery ranges

Pirantha IIC - Lemur AGL

Eagle IV - Lemur cal 50 

M113AS4 - Gunnery ranges

Me and Ghost played those gunnery ranges before we started playing tanks missions, Crow played some of his own creations that I don't know what exatly.    mission where problem happened was last mission of the day   between 0am-2am, and doesn't have dublicate IDs.  

edit:  added red text 

Edited by Lumituisku

None of tanks missions does.  Checked them all.     I am not exatly sure how the debugger on this works so did sort of double / tribble check...     first checking on blue,  then on red, then dismounting troops on blue  then dismounting all troops on red, and hitting check duplicated IDs on every phase...   wasn't able to find any.   I think dublicate ID's  must be on those gunnery range missions  where I believe I do not have access to.  

• Members

OK, thanks anyway, at least I know that we'll need to rework those gunnery range scenarios, and with which ones to start.

Of course the log file is only of limited use. I don't know if you want to experiment for us by re-running the same scenario looking for similar anomalies but with an elevated log level, so that we may also capture "warnings" and not just "errors" in it. Also, if you find a way to reliably reproduce the problem, that would of course be super helpful. I realize that this will take valuable time of yours, so I'm not asking this lightly.

But there is a problem, you know what to look for because you've seen it before, and (only) you know what you did when it happened. So you are in a unique position to dig deeper.

7 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

OK, thanks anyway, at least I know that we'll need to rework those gunnery range scenarios, and with which ones to start.

Good to hear that all this digging was some use

11 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Of course the log file is only of limited use. I don't know if you want to experiment for us by re-running the same scenario looking for similar anomalies but with an elevated log level, so that we may also capture "warnings" and not just "errors" in it. Also, if you find a way to reliably reproduce the problem, that would of course be super helpful.

As said this is not first time I have seen this or similar problem.  There is something funny happening because of something and I want to help you guys to find out why to make this the best tank sim there is.  

Here is my hunches from long time observing of this and similarities though this one that reported here is most severe and clear so far.   (These problems to my understanding started with new HE model) 

• Sometimes numbers of destroed units in map do not match that of AAR.  Usually there are numbers missing as if kills somehow do not register
  • Usually this seems to be connected / related to lightly armored vehicles and HE type rounds fired at them
  • This is difficult to notice ingame - I believe as we saw yesterday it could be noticed by a struggle to destroy enemy even with clear probably deadly hits  (worthwhile to check if something like this happened if target refuses to die)

I just now modified my version of classic TANKS scenario and future ones to give instant feedback of two kind when target is no longer operational  and when one is killed.   I will use this as basis for future tanks mission version so it will be easier to spot these anomalies

How to do this elevated log level? 

If I find way to reproduce it reliably I will let you know. 

11 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

I realize that this will take valuable time of yours, so I'm not asking this lightly.

But there is a problem, you know what to look for because you've seen it before, and (only) you know what you did when it happened. So you are in a unique position to dig deeper.

Yes sir, I will do what I can.

-

I believe others from this forum may also be able to notice these anomalities in future, so keep your eyes open.   

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Is the Report file from the session host or a client of the session who did NOT control/gun the Strv122 that killed the BMP commander?

Also, check the debugLog file of the session (and ideally collect the ones from other participants as well) so we can check for logged error messages.

Here is gunners ones   and on picture below you can see timestamps when reports were made on his pc,  so it can help you locate right time stamp from Debuglog

403553745_ReportsFolderContents2.png.ff6def71b618e098a754079d86f5188a.png

Tanks_2_STRV_122_vs_Russia_winter_morning_Shitty_weather_sce_04.htm DebugLog_0.txt

• Members
12 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

How to do this elevated log level?

It's a command line option.

You could open the Troubleshooting folder and create a duplicate of the shortcut that says "debug mode". Then you open the properties, and in the "Target" field you then change the part loglevel=TRACE to loglevel=WARN. The exact syntax can be gathered in you open a command line window in C:\Programs\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\release and then call the Steel Beasts executable with --help. This opens a window that lists all the available command line parameters and their arguments.

Also, chapter 18 in the user's manual mentions this with a few more details.

1 minute ago, Ssnake said:

It's a command line option.

You could open the Troubleshooting folder and create a duplicate of the shortcut that says "debug mode". Then you open the properties, and in the "Target" field you then change the part loglevel=TRACE to loglevel=WARN. The exact syntax can be gathered in you open a command line window in C:\Programs\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\release and then call the Steel Beasts executable with --help. This opens a window that lists all the available command line parameters and their arguments.

Also, chapter 18 in the user's manual mentions this with a few more details.

Alright, I will check the user manual.   And try to get that working.  

Also question, does Steelbeast model AVPS intercepted Sabot round breaking into two pieces?   We just had mission where sabot round hit and killed BMP twice within same second according to AAR / Report.  My friends assume that such was the case.   

image.thumb.png.e334d5b129745771598198ef72b58b0d.png

• Members

No.

There's a general reduction in strength due to yawed impact, but that's it. Nevertheless, depending on the model and hit locations the projectile may have passed wthrough two surfaces with sufficient overmatch as to cause a kill in both cases. Needless to say, projectiles travel so fast that the whole vehicle collission happens well below frame time, so two impacts are registered (going in, and coming out, maybe).

The AAR event would only ever show you the projectile on the way in (although sometimes you do get to see the projectile's 3D model behind the vehicle, when the impact happened "between frames").

Me and others from TEAM SABER Found way to replicate this  cause to this false dead report every time reliably 🥳 😵 😄

This is quite big bug...  basically all High explosive rounds.      HE,  HE-T, Russian HEFT rounds    M-Pat  and other similar rounds on their Proximity fuse setting.  (Non impact)   basically all rounds that are not impact based.        (canister being exeption to this bug)   

To host this bug doesn't occur   -  Host can kill targets with no problem.    HE, HE-T, etc are very deadly to all vehicles.     

This bug is client side Multiplayer bug.  - Clients cannot kill vehicles with HE type rounds, but Host can as normal  

Vehicles register as dead when hit in AAR for clients and host, but in the mission they suffer only radio damage, and occasionally external module damage aka wheels, stabilisation reset etc 

and as far as we (TEAM SABER) can tell, as mentioned only blast frag and proximity munitions (other than canister) are effected: HEAT and HESH both work fine on all ammo we tried so far even MPAT when set to proxy doesn't work, dispite still technically being a HEAT round but when set to contact MPAT does work. Same with P3

NOTICE  -  This bug only affects vehicles  not infantry.  Infantry will die just as easily as before.  

How to test:   Open a second session and try shooting things from as a client with  HE / Frag type of rounds or Proximity fuzes.   Try to shoot especially helicopters and witness the beautiful "dance"    Or with my favorite  cv9040   at pcs  and witness them activate macical "vanishing ability" 👻

On my test mission..  "remove killed" is enabled.   So that is causing vanishing.   

HE Frag bugv4.sce

• Ssnake changed the title to AAR / Report Destroed = Still Alive [SOLVED]