Nike-Ajax

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Nike-Ajax said:

Thank you buddy - Mirzayev already volunteered

We only have one TNK left .... cough cough ... @Colebrook

So @Lumituisku with full respect for your groups timing and with no pressure, then when that is gone, would be nice to know if you want the last one.

We have 4 people saying that they definitely come, So that would make 2 tanks. I am still going to try to get myself a driver... I am fond of having a driver on my vehicle xP  

Alternatively with a hat-trick we could fit all our team into one IFV (3 to vehicle rest to man infantry xP )   

I like Colebrook...  I would have probably been destroed on last mission without his few kills on my and Martin's sector.   Hopefully he will sign up soon.  

Edited by Lumituisku

20 hours ago, Grenny said:

To all the mechInf Players!!

Check you control setting for the CV9035. Especially when shooting at targets over 1500m away or at small targets (hull down), shoot from a closed bolt. Otherwise you'll likely miss.

You need to know how to do this.

And what do I have to adjust?

44 minutes ago, O.Schmidt said:

And what do I have to adjust?

To make sure you know and add if you don't have "Closed bolt" keybind on your keyboard to operate  Cv9035  It makes gun much more accurate on longer ranges.  And it needs to be pressed before each long range shot

Also good practive is to reload AP rounds  before was it  27 rounds?  Because after that reload gets considerably more slow.  And painfully slow after end belt stop at somewhere around 18 rounds?   

one more recommendation from me would be to bind  "Middle smoke"  somewhere, as cv9035s have 3 set of smokes..  and hitting tab, will first launch  left one I think?  then right and then center if I remember it correctly.  Anyways.  With middle smoke binded somewhere where you actually use it (make sure there is no conflicking bindings)   you can save some smokes for later use.  

image.png.f4e6e08fda637a6ee787b05a668cbc61.png

I use Finnish keyboard, so check what that key is for you and make good use of it.

Edited by Lumituisku

23 hours ago, Lumituisku said:

We have 4 people saying that they definitely come, So that would make 2 tanks. I am still going to try to get myself a driver... I am fond of having a driver on my vehicle xP  

Alternatively with a hat-trick we could fit all our team into one IFV (3 to vehicle rest to man infantry xP )   

I like Colebrook...  I would have probably been destroed on last mission without his few kills on my and Martin's sector.   Hopefully he will sign up soon.  

Lets stick to the plan: you have the 2 TNKs - just let me know who mans what when you have the time and opportunity

Grrr.  Turns out that post didn't deliver one of my team member his desired PC part, and it is unlikely to be delivered on sunday.  So I was told to let you guys know that Team Saber may be down to just one tank after all.

So there would most likely still be 2 tank slots free on A5 platoon

If someone wants to join and wants a tank, there certainly is slot for that. 

I will keep you guys updated about this, but it doesn't look good at this point.  

edit:  turns out he got his pc part after all.  So we will have 4 guys coming to mission after all.  

Edited by Lumituisku

On 4/22/2021 at 4:12 AM, Grenny said:

...Standart key for german keyborad for that is "ü".

You press it, and a round gets chambered. On the lower right side of the screen "chambered" will indicate this...

Looks like its ";" for the default English setting.

Not sure why I'd be shooting at AFV targets that far away though.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:35 PM, Lumituisku said:

Grrr.  Turns out that post didn't deliver one of my team member his desired PC part, and it is unlikely to be delivered on sunday.  So I was told to let you guys know that Team Saber may be down to just one tank after all.

So there would most likely still be 2 tank slots free on A5 platoon

If someone wants to join and wants a tank, there certainly is slot for that. 

I will keep you guys updated about this, but it doesn't look good at this point.  

edit:  turns out he got his pc part after all.  So we will have 4 guys coming to mission after all.  

Good thing I did not have the time to change it then 😁

One thing that i was wondering in mission was... 

What am I supposed to do when another platoon starts to communicate to my platoon? 

If i communicate to it through company hq chat that will cause even more radio chatter... Am I supposed to make yet one more whisper list to communicate directly to that platoon? 

---

Also... We had terrible time in our platoon communication. Basically our platoon was good at listening. But was absolutely failure at transmitting. 

To put short. There was no internal messages send on platoon channel by anyone for first third of mission. (I thought I was sending there but due to last moment of plea for private whisper list between saber i probably fucked up my send buttons? Because no one replied???)  then after first third we started to hear 51...  But really. To put short.   Platoon 5 was good at listening but terrible at sending messages.  Even 54 failed at that i think because he's messages were not heard of replied by 51...  

And at end when i was alone. I had to go make whisper list to HQ channel to communicate. : / (Something that i and probably everyone should do from start)

42 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

One thing that i was wondering in mission was... 

What am I supposed to do when another platoon starts to communicate to my platoon? 

If i communicate to it through company hq chat that will cause even more radio chatter... Am I supposed to make yet one more whisper list to communicate directly to that platoon? 

---

Also... We had terrible time in our platoon communication. Basically our platoon was good at listening. But was absolutely failure at transmitting. 

To put short. There was no internal messages send on platoon channel by anyone for first third of mission. (I thought I was sending there but due to last moment of plea for private whisper list between saber i probably fucked up my send buttons? Because no one replied???)  then after first third we started to hear 51...  But really. To put short.   Platoon 5 was good at listening but terrible at sending messages.  Even 54 failed at that i think because he's messages were not heard of replied by 51...  

And at end when i was alone. I had to go make whisper list to HQ channel to communicate. : / (Something that i and probably everyone should do from start)

Well, company coms is a "ring" on purpose. Crosscommunication between platoons is the norm IRL and don't need to go via company HQ

Edited by Grenny

26 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Well, company coms is a "ring" on purpose. Crosscommunication between platoons is the norm IRL and don't need to go via company HQ

Though so.  Thank you.   In future I will prepare to make whisperlist keys for crosscommunication between platoons and will avoid disturbing HQ without purpose  

1 hour ago, Lumituisku said:

Though so.  Thank you.   In future I will prepare to make whisperlist keys for crosscommunication between platoons and will avoid disturbing HQ without purpose  

No. you should not.

Cross coordination between platoons need to be knows to the CO. If it goes against his intent, he need to intervene right then...(and not just when he sees the effects on the BMS = too late)

Thats why company net is a RING in real life. Because EVERYONE on this net needs to know what is going on between ALL units.

More important is to exercise radio disciplin and only transmit what is necessary, shut up when higher echelon is talking and keep your transmissions as short as possible...

Edited by Grenny