Precision Artillery?

stormrider_sp

Hi, I noticed sometime ago this new feature. Today when I was playing around with the mission editor I saw it so I decided to try it. I created a new scenario, but then, it disappeared and I can't get it to show up again in the add artillery context menu. Do I have to activate it somewhere?

Cheers

16 minutes ago, stormrider_sp said:

Hi, I noticed sometime ago this new feature. Today when I was playing around with the mission editor I saw it so I decided to try it. I created a new scenario, but then, it disappeared and I can't get it to show up again in the add artillery context menu. Do I have to activate it somewhere?

Cheers

You need to have artillery with "BOUNUS" or "SMARt" rounds present on the field to have this option.

Thank you, correct, that works for the on-map artillery. But in this case, I'm referring to off-map artillery via mission editor "new arty call" context menu. I figured out how to access it again, although it seems to act as a normal unguided HE arty call.

Add "New Arty Call", Start when = "trigger 1", Type = "Precision".

spacer.png

Edited by stormrider_sp

15 hours ago, stormrider_sp said:

Thank you, correct, that works for the on-map artillery. But in this case, I'm referring to off-map artillery via mission editor "new arty call" context menu. I figured out how to access it again, although it seems to act as a normal unguided HE arty call.

Add "New Arty Call", Start when = "trigger 1", Type = "Precision".

spacer.png

Perhaps its a case of "fitted for, not with" or preparing for an upcoming feature?

I guess it sort of makes sense since I suspect you wouldn't have the sort of fine detail required for say a SMARt mission pre mission start.

Those sort of things tend to require an ISR or similar feed.

If its say a pre-known static target like a bridge or similar, perhaps a scripted JDAM or small area artillery strike would fit the bill?

Then when the recon team detects the HVT you can hit the room (or similar) with the rare SMARt munition.

• Members
6 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

If its say a pre-known static target like a bridge or similar, perhaps a scripted JDAM or small area artillery strike would fit the bill?

...or an IED, where GMLRU is an ammo option (or will be, otherwise a single 500lb bomb seems to deliver a comparable effect). I'm not sure yet, to be perfectly honest, if our MLRS is already prepared to fire single rockets rather than the whole pod in a volley. Which may be what's holding us back.