Fennec - firing smoke is restricted when crew hatches are open?

Lumituisku

As tittle says.  Apparently you cannot fire smoke salvo to conceal your vehicle when crew hatches are open?  I find this odd when compared to other vehicles and found no mention of it on wiki.  If so I think it should at very least be added to wiki.  

Another odd thing that may be related to this is that firing maingun is possible when hatches are open.  It is even possible to point gun down the commanders hatch and fire, though it doesn't do anything. 

But it is not possible to fire maingun on  BAA mast area  when that is deployed.   Without In order to prevent damage to BAA, there is a “No fire zone” where the mast is. The user can override this firing inhibition by throwing a circuit breaker to his lower right (on the panel between seat backrest and crew compartment access door).

Also when doing that it makes it possible to fire smoke salvo regardless if crew hatches are open or mast is deploued or not.    

-

So I think there is something odd here, could you guys double check that firing smoke charges works as intended even when commander is unbuttoned / hatch is open

Oh and regarding Fennecs with BAA mast,  check working of this knob too....   it behaves really oddly. It is suppose to be "Reticle adjust knob"  On daysight it adjust not only reticle but makes screen go gray and I suppose polarity as well?    (on thermal it works fine.)  

539902938_fennecfocus.thumb.jpg.fa5e3db83b2db5b7de46e092829ad6f9.jpg

450px-Fennek_CP.jpg

image.thumb.png.83e80b5ebe58cb5bdf16d941710fc63f.png

Edited by Lumituisku

30 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

As tittle says.  Apparently you cannot fire smoke salvo to conceal your vehicle when crew hatches are open?  I find this odd when compared to other vehicles and found no mention of it on wiki.  If so I think it should at very least be added to wiki.  

Another odd thing that may be related to this is that firing maingun is possible when hatches are open.  It is even possible to point gun down the commanders hatch and fire, though it doesn't do anything. 

But it is not possible to fire maingun on  BAA mast area  when that is deployed.   Without In order to prevent damage to BAA, there is a “No fire zone” where the mast is. The user can override this firing inhibition by throwing a circuit breaker to his lower right (on the panel between seat backrest and crew compartment access door).

Also when doing that it makes it possible to fire smoke salvo regardless if crew hatches are open or mast is deploued or not.    

-

So I think there is something odd here, could you guys double check that firing smoke charges works as intended even when commander is unbuttoned / hatch is open

Well, thats pretty much as it is on the vehicle IRL

1. due to the placement of the smoke launchers, they can not be fires when hatchas are open (danger to crew)

2. due to the function of the weapons station, VC and gunner will know when the gun is pointing at their hatches...and take their heads down...

3. when using the "battle override", all safety featues get switched of...

7 minutes ago, Grenny said:

Well, thats pretty much as it is on the vehicle IRL

1. due to the placement of the smoke launchers, they can not be fires when hatchas are open (danger to crew)

2. due to the function of the weapons station, VC and gunner will know when the gun is pointing at their hatches...and take their heads down...

3. when using the "battle override", all safety featues get switched of...

Ah thank you @Grenny I suspected of something of sort.  Thank you for quick reply.  -  Sometimes I think that safety measures go bit too far, to a point where it is actually less safe.   That is yet one more thing for crew to remember under stress...  when they get under fire and want to pull back with cover of smoke.. and happened to forget hatches open..  lets say for ventilation purposes or something.  

Also I think this is very important to mention on wiki  as more casual steelbeast PE users will most likely be baffled by this...  eeer  "feature"  would they happen to use fennec from commander position and forget their hatch open.

The Knob thing though on my reply...  I think that must be a bug atleast xP    

Edited by Lumituisku

49 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Another odd thing that may be related to this is that firing maingun is possible when hatches are open. 

-This is how vehicle is designed, open hatches do not inhibit firing.  And nothing prevents you from firing machine gun  directly by using its own trigger, while standing in open hatch

It is even possible to point gun down the commanders hatch and fire, though it doesn't do anything. 

-There are certain limitations of damage model

43 minutes ago, Lumituisku said:

Oh and regarding Fennec,  check working of this knob too....   it behaves really oddly. It is suppose to be "Reticle adjust knob"  On daysight it adjust not only reticle but makes screen go gray and I suppose polarity as well? 

-Known problem, but so far, it seems that only me was able to see or deliberately reproduce it. Work-around is rather simple-  for operation of  clickable switches do not activate view  with LMB.