Has something changed on cv9030 / 35 Air target mode function? - bug #9748

Lumituisku

As in tittle... have I missed some important change on how Air target mode in Steelbeast is supposed to behave? 

I remember that it was  supposed  once selected.. once target is aqquired and you laze...  FCS  calculates needed speed for air target tracking, and you basically only adjusted changes to speed.   Making it to have reputation to be "wild and over sensitive"   

Right now though...  when I laze..   reticle no longer follows target like it used to?  And when I fire... reticle stops at dead still when firing but it does seem that gun keeps following target????     

Edited by Lumituisku

• 6 months later...

Not sure where to reply..  I suppose here because this is where bug is registered..  

I just tested.  Cv9030 Airtarget mode is still broken as before.

Also on cv9035 as well...  I think.. because I believe crosshair used to (and is supposed to based on what I read from tutorial?) 

image.thumb.png.5bc6166a370bb86921e789117b23c4d5.png

keep current inputs on..  when gunner centers handle and from that point onwards..  gunner would just make corrections / adjustments based on observed target movements?   or cancel with palmswitch and start process again.  Just as with cv9030...  right?  

Arguably.. that   was something 90% of players didn't understand or bother to learn..    but what I found wonderful, after having learned it and now....  that isn't there on any cv90s.    I wonder..     was it taken away on purpose?     

Doesn't Ulan  and Pirantha DF30  work pretty much same way as cv90s used to?   I mean..  once tracking process begins..    gunner is supposed to center control and  from there on.. to adjust location of croshair?    On cv90s..   also speed of target or direction changes..    that can be difficult..  but wasn't that authentic?  Are we going to get that back?   

• Lumituisku changed the title to Has something changed on cv9030 / 35 Air target mode function? - bug #9748
  • Members

I can confirm that bug #9748 is as of today still un-fixed.

The tutorial text may actually be misleading, as it reflects our own (faulty) understanding of how the air target mode worked when we made that tutorial. I suppose, at some point it needs a Youtube video, otherwise it's not going to be used by anyone, ever (except our military customers).

Umm.

I don't know for sure what you mean with that you want to make it easier...  so I assume that same way as on cv9035s  by removing that automatic turret movement thats speed gunner could control?  

I just asked about cv9030 from my friend who was driver on one...  and turns out that as it was before was correct and authentic way how the Anti-air mode worked.   I mean..  where  turret would start moving on its own  and gunner would only adjust the speed of movement.   like here...  

However...  what I was told... about it was that in practice it was horribly difficult to use and atleast my friends gunner preferred to use static target mode <.<    

The problem apparently was that speeds of targets were such that lead prediction made turret to spin so far ahead that it was really difficult to use in real life.    Especially on anything fast flying.   

He says that every gunner he knows would likely underscripe that it is hellishly hard to use in real life.   

I suppose problem here is that I am worried if CV9030 will stay authentic to real life in steelbeast in future.  I do wish that it would.   Because I do love those things that make this sim so hard to master.    And that AA mode is one of those things..  that I have felt greatly rewarded having learned it.   (although...  it is pretty hard and quite useless 97% of the time xD)