Ukrainian Army

In the recent past, the UA followed the TO&E of the Russian army in terms of organization.  What I don't know is during their reconstruction after the loss of Donetsk and Luhansk, is if they continue to follow that template.  My research has borne zero fruit.  Does anyone have an answer?  Or follow the SOP of SB Pro PE scenario format: Best Judgment? 

• Members

I can't answer that question.

But TO&Es don't change rapidly. You need to have new equipment to begin with, or at least you'd be restructuring forces with different number while keeping the same systems in use. I would expect changes in the SigInt and EW departments, possibly also artillery and air defense, especially against UAVs. But what these changes are, I couldn't tell. It's just that these are the areas with the biuggest changes in the threat profile, so some response would be to be expected.

6 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

Ok, I have this part down.  It's the details of the TO&E and the unit organization that I am missing.  In the past, the Ukrainian army followed the Russian templates (3 vehicles in a platoon, 3 companies in a battalion), along with the equipment.  

I could just say, "Hell with it, it's just a game..."  😎

What unit, tank, Mech,  Inf, Arty?

Unit TO&E has changed. as I'm sure your aware of due to the recent deployments to their border and the lessons learned. Some elements, and structure has remained, others have changed to meet their operational needs

Are you looking for reg units, volunteers, private?

Are you looking for the TO&E of a ptl? Coy?, and in what function (TANK/INF/MECH. ARTY)......?

Normally one would ask at the platoon level of a arm of a army....ie: ptl of a tank unit, then scale this up to Coy level and so on.

With this info we can provide a detailed unit TO&E for equipment and personnel.

Or are you just looking for everything?

Latest tank battalion org has 10  upgraded  t-72AMT Updates are night vision devices with third-generation electron-optical converters, the 1K13 night sight with the possibility of firing a guided missile "Kombat". Improved gun stabilization system. Aselsan digital radios and a digital satellite navigation system are installed. Substantially improved chassis, which improved the smooth running.

Edited by 12Alfa

4 hours ago, RedWardancer said:

Ok, I have this part down.  It's the details of the TO&E and the unit organization that I am missing.  In the past, the Ukrainian army followed the Russian templates (3 vehicles in a platoon, 3 companies in a battalion), along with the equipment.  

I could just say, "Hell with it, it's just a game..."  😎

Maybe use Combat Mission Black Sea UA unit templates to help you.

12 hours ago, 12Alfa said:

What unit, tank, Mech,  Inf, Arty?

Are you looking for reg units, volunteers, private?

Are you looking for the TO&E of a ptl? Coy?, and in what function (TANK/INF/MECH. ARTY)......?

Or are you just looking for everything?

Latest tank battalion org has 10  upgraded  t-72AMT Updates are night vision devices with third-generation electron-optical converters, the 1K13 night sight with the possibility of firing a guided missile "Kombat". Improved gun stabilization system. Aselsan digital radios and a digital satellite navigation system are installed. Substantially improved chassis, which improved the smooth running.

Starting with the UA front line Army mech battalion, then brigade on the Eastern zone.  I am looking for TO&E for tank and mech.  To ask for everything may be a stretch for now.  

Apocalypse gave a good suggestion.  I'll look into this after work.  

Does SB actually have these late T-72s in development for the next upgrade? 

Edited by RedWardancer