SB Pro Tutorial: Random Variables

caccioro

I can't help with the Italian, but a variable is a term whose value changes every time you run the scenario.

SB offers 63 "ordinary" variables (numbered X1 to X63) and one special one "new".

For the ordinary ones, every time you run the scenario that are allocated a value between 0 and 100. Each value is determined from the full range of 0 to 100 and other choices don't affect this. If one is allocated say "12", then this doesn't remove 12 from the list of possible choices, so you might see two or more values of say "12".

You can use these to build some logical choices for the AI.

For example, you can create a bunch of routes, etc. that boil down to "at a given intersection there is a 20% of turning left and a 80% chance of turning right.

This would look like (using the screens form the video):

If 0 <= X1 < 20 turn left.

If 20 <= X1 < 100 turn right.

You load the scenario, X1 has a value of say 50 this time so the unit turns right.

Next time you run it, depending on the value for X1 the unit will turn either left or right.

"New" is a special case and I don't want to complicate matters more.

I hope that helps?

• Members
1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

I can't help with the Italian,

www.deepL.com to the rescue!

1 hour ago, Gibsonm said:

Non posso aiutare con l'italiano, ma una variabile è un termine il cui valore cambia ogni volta che si esegue lo scenario.

SB offre 63 variabili "ordinarie" (numerate da X1 a X63) e una speciale "nuova".

Per quelle ordinarie, ogni volta che si esegue lo scenario viene assegnato un valore tra 0 e 100. Ogni valore è determinato dall'intera gamma da 0 a 100 e le altre scelte non influiscono su questo. Se uno viene assegnato, per esempio, a "12", allora questo non rimuove il 12 dalla lista delle scelte possibili, quindi potreste vedere due o più valori di "12".

Puoi usarli per costruire alcune scelte logiche per l'IA.

Per esempio, puoi creare un mucchio di percorsi, ecc. che si riducono a "ad un dato incrocio c'è un 20% di possibilità di girare a sinistra e un 80% di possibilità di girare a destra".

Questo sarebbe come (usando le schermate del video):

Se 0 <= X1 < 20 gira a sinistra.
Se 20 <= X1 < 100 girare a destra.

Si carica lo scenario, X1 ha un valore di diciamo 50 questa volta, quindi l'unità gira a destra.
La prossima volta che lo eseguite, a seconda del valore di X1 l'unità girerà a sinistra o a destra.

"Nuovo" è un caso speciale e non voglio complicare ulteriormente le cose.

Spero che questo aiuti?

Tradotto con www.DeepL.com/Translator (versione gratuita)

• Members

a. I'm sorry, but I don't understand your question. Maybe it's better to write it in Italian. That way I can try different machine translations, or pass it on to a team member who speaks it.

b. Please paste your text as "plain text" rather than as "code", makes it much easier to read.

• Members

Please circumscribe your question more. When relying on machine translation, context plays a big role in making the translation result understandable. It seems like you are talking about Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs).

Per favore, circoscriva meglio la sua domanda. Quando ci si affida alla traduzione automatica, il contesto gioca un ruolo importante nel rendere comprensibile il risultato della traduzione. Sembra che lei stia parlando di veicoli da combattimento di fanteria (IFV).

Also, please TYPE your text in the "submit reply" box of this forum software, or if you paste it, make sure to select "paste as plain text" afterwards. Pasting pre-formatted text as "code" is highly annoying when it's "not code".

Inoltre, per favore, DIGITATE il vostro testo nella casella "invia risposta" del software di questo forum, o se lo incollate, assicuratevi di selezionare "incolla come testo semplice" dopo. Incollare testo preformattato come "codice" è molto fastidioso quando si tratta "non di codice".

23 minutes ago, caccioro said:

sorry how can i get reinforcement in a scenario example tank or infantry 

You need to add all units required (reinforcements) into the scenario / mission using the mission editor.

If you need to, you can use the "Spawn if..." command

The "Spawn if" condition will only place the unit(s) into the mission once the conditions set by the designer are met.

To set a condition use the "Right Click Menu" (A dialog box will appear under the mouse cursor) > "Options" > "Spawn if..." > set a condition (The circles on the left)

E.G. "Mission time > 1:00" will result in unit spawning after one minute of mission time has elapsed.

To use the "Right Click Menu" you need to "Right Mouse Click" on the unit you wish to edit.

To add units, "Right Click" on unoccupied map

SS_15_48_21.png

SS_15_48_09.png

SS_15_49_34.png

Edited by Hedgehog

• Members
3 minutes ago, Hedgehog said:

È necessario aggiungere tutte le unità richieste (rinforzi) nello scenario/missione utilizzando l'editor di missione.

Se ne avete bisogno, potete usare il comando "Spawn if...".
La condizione "Spawn if" metterà l'unità (o le unità) nella missione solo quando le condizioni impostate dal designer saranno soddisfatte.

Per impostare una condizione usate il "Menù di destra" (Una finestra di dialogo apparirà sotto il cursore del mouse) > "Opzioni" > "Spawn if..." > imposta una condizione (I cerchi sulla sinistra)
Ad esempio, "Tempo di missione > 1:00" farà sì che l'unità si riproduca dopo che è trascorso un minuto del tempo di missione.

Per usare il "Right Click Menu" dovete cliccare con il tasto destro del mouse sull'unità che volete modificare.

Per aggiungere unità, fate "clic destro" sulla mappa non occupata

Tradotto con www.DeepL.com/Translator (versione gratuita)

• 11 months later...
  • Members
On 5/18/2021 at 4:08 PM, Ssnake said:

please TYPE your text in the "submit reply" box of this forum software, or if you paste it, make sure to select "paste as plain text" afterwards. Pasting pre-formatted text as "code" is highly annoying when it's "not code".

On 5/18/2021 at 10:48 AM, Hedgehog said:

You need to add all units required (reinforcements) into the scenario / mission using the mission editor.

If you need to, you can use the "Spawn if..." command

The "Spawn if" condition will only place the unit(s) into the mission once the conditions set by the designer are met.

To set a condition use the "Right Click Menu" (A dialog box will appear under the mouse cursor) > "Options" > "Spawn if..." > set a condition (The circles on the left)

E.G. "Mission time > 1:00" will result in unit spawning after one minute of mission time has elapsed.

To use the "Right Click Menu" you need to "Right Mouse Click" on the unit you wish to edit.

To add units, "Right Click" on unoccupied map

SS_15_48_21.png

SS_15_48_09.png

SS_15_49_34.png

Method #2

1. select said unit/options/user/player if...

2.set by trigger save mission 

3. run said mission

4. (reinforcements) will appear, but non-playable 

5. (reinforcements).....will become playable when trigger is selected from trigger selection

having (reinforcements) arrive can be also done by conditions set by, entering a area, same but only assigned unit, unit % is down , ect

21 hours ago, caccioro said:

ciao a tutti capisco molte cose nello scenario ma non riesco a capire una cosa se distruggo un'unità posso generare un'altra unità tutte le volte che voglio.

hi everyone i understand many things in the scenario but i can't understand one thing if i destroy one unit i can generate another unit as many times as i want.

Yes.

Using the method I posted before

You need to do this for every unit you want to generate.

Spawn conditions:

Unit B > Spawn if > Unit A > is > Destroyed

Unit C > Spawn if > Unit A > is > Destroyed =And= Unit B > is > Destroyed

Unit D > Spawn if > Unit B > is > Destroyed =And= Unit C > is > Destroyed  <----Repeat this line to your desire, increasing unit callsigns by 1

(you will eventually run out of spaces in the call sign matrix at 16P, but, if you have lost 255 units, you may want to reconsider your planning abilities.)

Translation by Google:

Sì.

Usando il metodo che ho postato prima

Devi farlo per ogni unità che desideri generare.

Condizioni di spawn:

Unità B > Genera se > Unità A > è > Distrutta

Unità C > Genera se > Unità A > è > Distrutta =E= Unità B > è > Distrutta

Unità D > Genera se > Unità B > è > Distrutta =E= Unità C > è > Distrutta <----Ripeti questa riga a tuo piacimento, aumentando i nominativi delle unità di 1

(alla fine finirai gli spazi nell'identificativo di chiamata matrice a 16P, ma, se hai perso 255 unità, potresti voler riconsiderare le tue capacità di pianificazione.)

Traduzione di google

Edited by Hedgehog

1 hour ago, caccioro said:

sorry i don't understand well if you send me the screenshots how to do it thank you very much. sorry for english

Right click on unit go to "Spawn if"

SS_13_44_17.png

Unit B Spawn conditions

SS_13_44_28.png

Unit C Spawn conditons Pt 1

SS_13_44_51.png

Unit C Spawn conditons Pt 2

SS_13_44_56.png

Unit D Spawn conditons Pt 1

SS_13_45_12.png

Unit D Spawn conditons Pt 2

SS_13_45_18.png