X56 Joystick not recognized in game

Xstincshun

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 11:33 AM, Skoop said:

I need some help with this as well.  Game won't recognize my Virpil warbird joystick or Virpil throttle.  

By Virpil throttle, do you mean the MT-50CM3?
I have the same throttle, and can only use two axis, the flaps lever and the forward slider.  The actual big axis aren't being detected in SBP.
Buttons are working fine.  The Throttle works fine in BMS and DCS, so I doubt its the issue.

• 1 month later...

OK, hate to bring this topic back up, but with 4.3, has the new joystick input library been updated? Has it been confirmed that the X-56 has been tested with this. I'd hate to drop another $40 to update my license to find out it doesn't work again.

Edited by Xstincshun

• Members
6 hours ago, Xstincshun said:

with 4.3, has the new joystick input library been updated?

Yes!

Has it been confirmed that the X-56 has been tested with this.

I have no knowledge that this specific model has been tested. But we have tested that Steel Beasts works now with joysticks that are not set as the "preferred device".

I'd hate to drop another $40 to update my license to find out it doesn't work again.

There's always the option for the one-month license, $9.95

• 5 months later...

So I have a ? WRT using X56 in SB Pro. How useful is it compared wityh just using the keyboard and mouse? Does anyone have a X%^ *.pro file which I could have a look at?

Also the kb chart talks of a middle mouse button? I only have right and left.

Edited by mongoose

• Members

The mouse wheel also has a "click" function (maybe you never tried it out), which is the middle mouse button.

Whether a joystick is needed - I'm torn. I want to support joysticks. But they take up valuable desk space. They are not more realistic to use (just a different kind of unrealistic). So, whatever floats your boat. It's a matter of personal preference. Try Steel Beasts without one. Try it with. Decide.

So, first my X56 is not connecting with SB (Win 10 Pro), and the turret just rotates 360 and isn't even controllable easily with the mouse when X56 is connected. The view is up in the sky! Now I have a Thrustmaster Hotas X which I've never actually used, but that does work with the default keys.

Somehow for me as a keyboard pecker, using the Stick, mouse, and kb together may be the answer, although why the X56 won't work even if unprogrammed is a mystery.

• Members
42 minutes ago, mongoose said:

So, first my X56 is not connecting with SB (Win 10 Pro), and the turret just rotates 360 and isn't even controllable easily with the mouse when X56 is connected. The view is up in the sky!

That's a sure sign that there's some input signal constantly firing. Some joysticks have switches to permanently fire a signal; switching it off would, obviously, solve the problem. Or it's a sign of bad calibration (which can be solved by going through the calibration routine).

Steel Beasts also has a hotkey for centering a joystick signal, but that should only be used if there's an analog stick connected that experiences drift as electronic components heat up over time. Using this to fight an active signal is likely to cause problems in other ways (like reduced sensitivity to steering signals).

Well, I have gone all through this thread and still as my position 1/30/23. While the old Thrustmaster works, the X56 (even only stick)  just stops pretty much everything happening and rotates the view 360 in the sky. It also won't attach in the Controls option at the onset of the sim, while the Thrustmaster does. Very irritating as hunting and pecking keys in the middle of the sim is not ideal.

• 4 weeks later...

For me old X52 worked as throttle and stick connected to each other and had a single USB so was effectively a single entity to SB. My X56 has 2 USB and SB can only recognise the stick which works fine in conjunction with mouse and keyboard.