I have an idea for the game Steel Beasts Pro PE Version 4.2

maor550

• Members

Would require the cooperation of the Israeli Army, which is notoriously secretive (and I'm not very optimistic that this will change anytime soon, or that they'd make an exception for us). I'd like to have a playable Merkava in Steel Beasts as much as the next guy with a passion for armored combat vehicles, but even if we would create one with a speculative (and thus largely wrong) fire control system for first person usage it would require us to devote substantial development time which, right now, is absorbed by the development of a new render engine, a new graphical user interface, a new sound engine, and the associated integration tasks.

So, it will take a good while before we may find the time to follow our passion again. Right now, it's a time of necessities.

• Members

I suppose they have a Public Relations office, but don't get your hopes high; I at least expect nothing. Typically, foreigners aren't even allowed to look at the interior of your Merkavas, and even the decommissioned old models are deliberately modified before getting donated to places like the German Panzermuseum.

1 hour ago, TankHunter said:

I suspect it will be easier to get blood from a stone.

I agree.

And for this reason I suggest that the SB Pro team, should they decide to MAKE any playable Merkava, simply take a best guess at it and/or copy an existing fire control system from an existing tank.  Save your time for things that can be accurately modeled.  I would be perfectly happy having something with the speed, armor, and firepower of the Merkava Mk.2 even if it had the fire control system of the M60A3 or the M1A1.

Nah. At the most extreme possible would be a non-playable Merkava for... somehting. But even then I don't think we even know how much they tricked out their M-60s and Shermans even. I think it's a beaufitul question but the universal answer is "Nah."

I personally don't need 'playable' not really interested in the crew positions; having said that I would like all Israeli vehicles modeled.

'I don't think we even know how much they tricked out their M-60s and Shermans even'.

I remember back in the late 90s and early 2000s, someone, I think he may still a web site, said he had access to the all the modification records for the M60s. He made up names for all different 'varieties' of M60s.

But later I came across references to their servicing procedures; it appears that the reason there were so many different looking M60s was that, when in for servicing the M60 and M48 was to be updated to whatever the current standard was and if they did not have all the parts available they fitted what they had in stock.