Thankful for SB

RedWardancer

For the better part of twenty years, SB has not let me down as is the case with so many other games.  Perhaps the biggest praise I will give is that SB has not produced a barebones product that relies on the fans to make mods and buy DLCs to make the game enjoyable.  Arma 3 is a classic, textbook example of this.  Can't play that game as a standalone without grinding your teeth at it.  

Example: In Arma 2, lots of personal accessible options such as healing yourself were available.  They left out a ton of goodies in Arma 3, you can't play that game well without having to Steam download a minimum of about twenty-five mods or so.  Quite certain many of you feel the same way.  Other games gives you the basics, but you have to buy DLCs to make it fun.  

So, thanks to all of you whom have made SB possible.  Without it, I'd be stuck playing Tetris.  

3 hours ago, Count Sessine said:

That's a weird thing to say - I have played Arma 3 for eight years without mods. Works just fine :)

I must be an oddball about this.  Tried doing it several times without mods in single player mode.  Just didn't work well with me.  Never tried online though.

In any case, I'm glad DLCs and mods are not a big thing with SB.