CalAB

To bad about these binos not being currently available.  I remember asking for something similar years ago and was told to be quiet and go away.  Can't wait till we get them, very handy.  Thanks for the tutorial and reminder about lasing sensor equipped vehicles.  Bookmarking. 

Update:

These binos are in game, my bad.  Thanks eSim.

Edited by CalAB

Nice tutorial and overview of this amazing optic. Controls are kinda different from what you would expect, but it is a game changer for recon missions. I've used it to paint a picture for the Commander in many a Kanium game. 

Would love to see a modeled version of the 640x480 version at some point 

• Members

Yeah, the "problem" is, once that it's an official "eSim Tutorial Video" you have to take the route of a didactic concept first, followed by a storyboard, and then multiple rounds of cuts and re-cuts (with possible re-recording of voice-overs), and finally the documentation of subtitle time codes and the voice-over transcript before we can release it. We can hope for such detailed videos about once per month. There's less complex issues surch as the license activation that we can do in a slightly less rigorous manner (but even there we had a sweet merry-go-round of cut iterations before they were releaseworthy).

I'm glad that I don't have to do these videos but I'm equally glad that we managed to make a few now to enhance the Steel Beasts channel. Makes you appreciate anyone who can produce a halfway decent training video.

We have a very healthy list of potential topics, probably well more than we can handle in a reasonable amount of time. :o

• 11 months later...

Sorry for reactivating an old toppic.

I just watched the video again and it came to my mind, if possible could you add the mission, or any other from these tutorial, to be included with the simulator itself.

For learning purpose I have the explenation from the video and can replicate in simulator with exact the same mission to pratice and then move to other misions.

• Members
12 minutes ago, Gottel said:

Sorry for reactivating an old toppic.

That's what this thread was made for!

13 minutes ago, Gottel said:

if possible could you add the mission, or any other from these tutorial, to be included with the simulator itself.

I'll ask if the mission still exists. It's been a while but I see no reason why we shouldn't make it available here if we still can.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I'm back from travels, I did manage to find this on my main machine.  FWIW, your mileage may vary, as this isn't a complete mission, more of a sandbox/movie set for our tutorial video.  Still, if it inspires or helps you create something more useful for yourself and other users, feel free to use it.

jim-lr_mountains_arty_set2.sce

Edited by Valleyboy