AI challenges in creating a scenario.

BadgerDog

I think this is the place to post this stuff.

With many thanks to Gibsonm who has taught me a LOT, I've been working on my first scenario.  I've been learning the hard way by test. alter the code and then re-test method. I wish there was a faster way to move between the two functions of create and test, then back to create. 😏

My first question is .. how to I get the AI using the T80 with it set to "computer" operating it, to fire any of the 4 ATGM's it's carrying?

I've tried everything but even when the T80 is our of primary and stored ammo, it still won't use any of its ATGM's.

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by BadgerDog

57 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Hard to say without knowing the details. Like, what target, what range? Clear line of sight, or hilly, possibly obstructed view from vegetation?

24 minutes ago, Mirzayev said:

Range is definitely where I would start looking. I've noticed the AI will typically use the quickest, most effective round for the range they spot vehicles at. 

That's interesting .... thanks.

Can I assume from both your answers that the AI T80 equipped with missiles will definitely use and fire them, assuming the LOS, type of target and within their effective range are all correct?

To test, should I make sure I have no there ammo available and set up a flat shot meeting all the other criteria?  If that still doesn't work, is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks for the help.. much appreciated... 

3 minutes ago, stormrider_sp said:

I reported something similar sometime back and the answer was that the T-90's FCS didn't compute beyond a certain range, despite the missile's own range going much further.

Do you remember the effective range they told you it was modelled out to?

Thanks...

I just did a flat map test that Gibsonm helped me setup for direct fire arty testing.

I set 4 M1A's to blind against a T80 and a T90 (separate tests).

I set T80 and T90 main ammo to zero for each of primary and stored.

I selected AT11-b Sniper Missiles with a stated range of 5,000 meters referring to ammo selection tables for each vehicle.

Neither the T80 or T90 fired missiles until they got to 3,000 meters (almost exactly).

No matter what I did, I could not get either the T80 or T90 to fire missiles at any range, if there was any main ammo available from primary or stored.

A bug in the range selection tables, or is this by design for playability?

Thanks to everyone for their feeback.

Edited by BadgerDog

30 minutes ago, BadgerDog said:

I just did a flat map test that Gibsonm helped me setup for direct fire arty testing.

I set 4 M1A's to blind against a T80 and a T90 (separate tests).

I set T80 and T90 main ammo to zero for each of primary and stored.

I selected AT11-b Sniper Missiles with a stated range of 5,000 meters referring to ammo selection tables for each vehicle.

Neither the T80 or T90 fired missiles until they got to 3,000 meters (almost exactly).

No matter what I did, I could not get either the T80 or T90 to fire missiles at any range, if there was any main ammo available from primary or stored.

A bug in the range selection tables, or is this by design for playability?

Thanks to everyone for their feeback.

Seems to be the default weather setting, you will need to set the visual setting past 3000 meters

Edited by Assassin 7