M1TP Throwback

iamfritz

I just finished wiping out a Ruski battalion with a reinforced Company of US Ar-MURICA.

Had a strange sense of deja vus... realized the Salisbury map is very similar to the old maps of Microprose M1 Tank Platoon. I can't put my finger on it- maybe it's the grass palette, the lack of tall grass, the town layout, I can't really put my finger on it. But it took me back and Salisbury Plains will be my reminiscing throwback map from now on.

2021-07-08.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Maybe its the hills, if the hills on the map are small in size and rolling. Remember the pyramid hills?

But an M1TP type mission itself would be fairly simple: put a M1A1 tank platoon on the map, and put a company of enemies.  Add an objective and maybe some very limited support. Begin!

A series of "M1TP" scenarios for fully manned tanks comes to mind.... 

On 7/27/2021 at 6:32 PM, Volcano said:

Maybe its the hills, if the hills on the map are small in size and rolling. Remember the pyramid hills?

But an M1TP type mission itself would be fairly simple: put a M1A1 tank platoon on the map, and put a company of enemies.  Add an objective and maybe some very limited support. Begin!

A series of "M1TP" scenarios for fully manned tanks comes to mind.... 

It's a bit like a small plateau with a valley running NS(ish).