Incremental Time?

BadgerDog

Can someone explain to me how the "Incremental Time" option box works under the "Conditions" for Control Logic?

I'm trying to get a timing function to work.

I'd like to measure how long a unit(s) stays in one place without moving and if it exceeds a certain number of minutes, the unit will EMBARK.  Conversely if the amount of time set has NOT expired, it will remain in-place.

I hope I explained that well enough. 😀

28 minutes ago, BadgerDog said:

I'd like to measure how long a unit(s) stays in one place without moving and if it exceeds a certain number of minutes, the unit will EMBARK.  Conversely if the amount of time set has NOT expired, it will remain in-place.

Place the unit/s ( UNIT 1/A ) in a region ( EMBARK REGION ) , create a CONDITION ( UNIT 1/A IN EMBARK REGION ) that checks if unit 1/A is in the EMBARK REGION { UNIT "1/A" IS IN REGION "EMBARK REGION" } , reference this CONDITION in the EMBARK IF dialogue box { BLUE CONDITION "UNIT 1/A IN EMBARK REGION" IS TRUE FOR "?" MINUTES }.

Hope that makes sense. I dare say there is a better way, im not great with scripted AI maneuver.

I should say that i havent tested this, its quite possibly bullshit 🚮

Edited by Bond_Villian

58 minutes ago, BadgerDog said:

Can someone explain to me how the "Incremental Time" option box works under the "Conditions" for Control Logic?

I'm trying to get a timing function to work.

I hope I explained that well enough. 😀

Why don't you just adjust delay condition on embark route... Giving it wanted delay before it moves? 

3 hours ago, Rotareneg said:

Incremental time starts counting when a unit arrives at a waypoint, so if you have a route leading away from a waypoint with a embark if condition set to incremental time > 5 min they'll hold there for 5 minutes before moving on.

Thank you... I didn't know that .. appreciate the feedback.  I think that idea might work for me.

3 hours ago, Ssnake said:

X actly.

As if the answer was lifted straight from the user's manual.

😉

Hi Nils ... 🙂

I have the bound manual you had kindly sent me.. thank you. 👍

I looked before I posted.

What page number is that function referenced?

• Members

I recommend to use the PDF if you're searching for something, like "incremental" (Windows Start Menu > eSim Games > Steel Beasts > Documents > SBPro Manual.pdf). If you don't like to read on the screen, at least you immediately know which page and chapter to look for in the printed edition.

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I recommend to use the PDF if you're searching for something, like "incremental" (Windows Start Menu > eSim Games > Steel Beasts > Documents > SBPro Manual.pdf). If you don't like to read on the screen, at least you immediately know which page and chapter to look for in the printed edition.

Thanks Nils, but I have no file titled SBPro Manual.pdf anywhere in that directory or on my system? 

Where can I download it?

• Members

Maybe it's still called "User's Manual.pdf"?

Could also be that it's right in the SB Pro PE folder of the Windows Start menu, not "Documents"

(Working mobile, and from memory right now... so that's why I'm not giving a straight answer, sorry.)