Were there any changes related to the hull armor of Leopard2A4? [FIXED]

Akiazusa

Hi all :)

I recently find that the upper hull armor of Leopard2A4 in the sim is pretty vulnerable against T55AMs and early T72Ms.

I did some search in the release notes and find nothing special.

So I did some tests.

During the test,the upper hull of leopard2a4 can be easily penetrated by BM-15(P0 350mm RHA)

Shooting BM-12(P0 280mm RHA) at the same range,the upper hull armor together with that small track plate can stop the round sometimes, but it will get penetrated eventually if you keep shooting upper hull in the different places.

I have only tested the KE rounds.It seems that the protection level of leo2a4's upper hull armor against KE rounds is around 250~280mm in the sim,much lesser than what SBwiki said(590mm KE) ,but very similar to what in WT(290mm KE IIRC?)

I also tried the turret armor of A4 and the upper hull armor of Leopard2A5. They all work fine and give you the protection level close to what SBwiki said(700mm vs KE for most part of A4 turret,and 500+mm vs KE for A5 upper hull armor)

Does anyone have any info on this? I will be very appreciated.  thanks.

Some screenshots:

1.thumb.png.33b83f3b57821b9b5245bf50599f9daf.png2.thumb.png.13060a29522ba13a375506f8664c0761.png3.thumb.png.ee1d0c55e5531364db870e65a3d3df39.png4.thumb.png.7c1e330c00ac7db9d2b55aa885b88e52.png5.png.aacfb8a08bfb579c05718f554bbc1624.png

6.png

7.png

• Moderators

OK, yes, that didn't take long. It seems that some time ago the model got updated and this caused a misapplication of armor values on the inner hull front.  I looked at the other Leo 2s, and it seems to be confined to the 2A4. 

Good catch, it should be fixed in the next patch/update. 👍

• Volcano changed the title to Were there any changes related to the hull armor of Leopard2A4? [FIXED]
16 hours ago, Volcano said:

OK, yes, that didn't take long. It seems that some time ago the model got updated and this caused a misapplication of armor values on the inner hull front.  I looked at the other Leo 2s, and it seems to be confined to the 2A4. 

Good catch, it should be fixed in the next patch/update. 👍

Good to hear that. Thanks for the help :)👍