Im new, and I have many general questions!

Hotline

Hey there, I just bought the limited 1y License. I didn't download any updates or patches (I don't even know what bersion it is :D ).

What are the MBTs playable in SB? I see videos for many tanks not listed in SB's website, like M60, etc.

Are they mods?

Where can I get them?

Im interested in early cold war era MBTs (till 1973). Is there much content to them? Can I start the game playing them only?

Are patches paid for my limited version?

• Members

Your version is not "limited", except in duration. You can run any version since 3.0, and upgrade to any new version that might get released within the coming 12 months.

As far as playable tanks are concerned (don't neglect the IFVs; if in doubt their successful operation is a bigger challenge) - anyway, there's more playable tanks than I'd care to list. May I kindly refer you to the SBWiki on this page (see the menu bar at the top of this page).

18 minutes ago, Ssnake said:

Your version is not "limited", except in duration. You can run any version since 3.0, and upgrade to any new version that might get released within the coming 12 months.

As far as playable tanks are concerned (don't neglect the IFVs; if in doubt their successful operation is a bigger challenge) - anyway, there's more playable tanks than I'd care to list. May I kindly refer you to the SBWiki on this page (see the menu bar at the top of this page).

Thanks for coming by. Where can I download the remaining tanks, in particular early cold war tanks? And are there plenty of scenarios for them?

• Members

Also no achievements to unlock, ...

Start the Mission Editor. Right-click, New unit... Tanks... any tank listed there is available, even those in grey text. Those with black text have 1st person crew positions, albeit in different levels of detail.

2 hours ago, Hotline said:

Thanks for coming by. Where can I download the remaining tanks, in particular early cold war tanks? And are there plenty of scenarios for them?

I recommend checking out my Beginner's Guide to help you get started.

The installation part can be skipped; the newest version has a bundle installer that makes it much easier. 

Steel Beasts is focused a bit more on modern armor. While there are plenty of capabilities for later-Cold War scenarios, you will be a bit limited with the arsenal when looking at stuff from the mid-70s without some creative degrading. This can all be done in the Mission Editor.

All vehicles available in Steel Beasts can be viewed here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Category:Vehicles

Good hunting. 

I keep getting renewable notices. I had change my original E-Mail address ,l[garblegarble]@[garblegarble].com. I thought I purchased a two year lic. last year,2020,but could be wrong.  Also how do you delete some of the maps that I down loaded the updates(?) earlier this year. Lap top running out of space.                                          I don't know if this is the right forum, only way I could figure out to contact you.                                                      Thanks whatever

@whatever I would be weary just posting your email address on a public forum. You might wanna remove it from your post and speak to @Ssnake regarding any issues related to email. His contact information is in his signature.

eSim does not offer a two year license, unless you purchased two one year licenses at the same time. 

For deleting maps, go to (by default) C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\maps\packages and delete the ones that you don't need. I would recommend finding a different solution for freeing up hard drive space, since not having all of the base maps is going to seriously restrict the scenarios that you can play. 

• Members

Time-based licenses near the end of their expiration time will bleat about the end of their expiration time until they expire, sorry. Originally, if you bought a time-based license it would extend the existing license, but the behavior of the CodeMeter Runtime was changed a few years ago and since then the runtime creates a new license entry and uses up the current one first (which, in principle, is a good thing).

Consider an external USB 3.0 harddisk. They are fairly cheap these days, offer decent transfer rates, and will solve your disk space problem immediately. You can move all the map packages to the external drive, along with video files and image collections. Consider installing WinDirStat, a small utility program (freeware) that goes theough all directories on all your harddisks and visualizes very quickly which directories consume the most space, and which file types.

On 7/30/2021 at 6:55 PM, Hotline said:

Im interested in early cold war era MBTs (till 1973). Is there much content to them? Can I start the game playing them only?

Well you Have

Centurion

Sho't Kal P

T-55 P

T-62 P

T-64 (Later models)

M60A3 P (Needs a downgrade, If you knock out the LRF the whole FCS breaks.)

Leopard 1A2 P (You could use a a 1A5 and break things, or the AS1 with its rudimentary/no interior)

Chieftain

T-72 P

Think that is it.

P = Playable

thanks for answering all 

Ahh, i cant find my missions haha. I installed the map pack, but i dont know where are the operations, only Chinese Farm appears to me. 

On 7/30/2021 at 1:53 PM, Ssnake said:

Also no achievements to unlock, ...

Start the Mission Editor. Right-click, New unit... Tanks... any tank listed there is available, even those in grey text. Those with black text have 1st person crew positions, albeit in different levels of detail.

Also, how can I use those tanks that appear in grey in the editor? :D

On 7/30/2021 at 4:08 PM, Mirzayev said:

I recommend checking out my Beginner's Guide to help you get started.

The installation part can be skipped; the newest version has a bundle installer that makes it much easier. 

Steel Beasts is focused a bit more on modern armor. While there are plenty of capabilities for later-Cold War scenarios, you will be a bit limited with the arsenal when looking at stuff from the mid-70s without some creative degrading. This can all be done in the Mission Editor.

All vehicles available in Steel Beasts can be viewed here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Category:Vehicles

Good hunting. 

Thanks for helping, buddy. Are there many scenarios for early cold war era tanks? T55-64, MK2, Centurion, etc. I couldnt see where the missions are in my game so I couldnt figure this out.

Also, what do you guys mean with a downgrade? You mean I need to bring the game to a lower version? 

oh, silly me, forgot what i said i found the scenarios haha

It seems vanilla scenarios (at least the ones i have) mostly about Leopard tank, which is what Mirzayev also say in the video, and it seems i have only like 10 scenarios, is this alright?

What about the early cold war ones? I dont love optics a lot hahahaha 😛

Also, im not sure if this is a problem or what, but i cant move to commander's seat most of the time, sometimes i can. Im not sure why.

Also how do I botton up/close the hatches after i open it?