Managing forum attachments - please delete ones that are no longer needed

Sean

• Administrators

Hi,

If you click your forum name right under the forum banner, and choose "my attachments", you'll be presented with a list of attachments you have made over the years.  If some of these attachments are no longer of any use, then please delete them.  

Thanks!

I wonder...  what should be deleted? 

I have posted lot of sceenshots  to "We love screenshots"  but I wonder if its worthwhile saving those as those are really old..  same for AAR  screenshots... 

What makes me think that such has probably been wrong use of attachments on first place.         Then there are lot of bug report related screenshots and snips.    Making me wonder if some of those should be saved history vise?  

Most of the stuff I got rid of were files and AARs from a least two to five years ago.  I left all the uploads to the downloads area and things in the forum less than two years old as they seem, to me, to still be relevant.  I left all my screen shots up as well.

• Administrators

The priority is huge files.  300MB AAR files from 2018 that no one is going to look at again.  Scenario files and maps that were posted as tests, or passed back and forth in private messenger threads.

Deleting individual screenshots are probably not worth the effort, but you can if you want to.  

10 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

Just FYI, 

I tried selecting several files across multiple pages and then click delete and it seemed unhappy.

Suspect I need to delete items one at at time?

Same issue here.

Tried to delete files from across 6 pages and nothing was deleted, with a weird error message.

I found that you can only delete files from the same page any a time.

13 hours ago, Ssnake said:

You can sort by size, to get to the big ones first.

Then you sort by date, and go through the last pages.

That way you can quickly filter out the biggest and the oldest attachments, which is probably sufficient.

Thanks.

That put all thee big ones on one page and then it seemed happy.

Another case of RTFM / look at the interface/ user error on my part. ;)

Edited by Gibsonm