Windows Reinstall

CB11B
Go to solution Solved by Jartsev,

Hi guys i bought a licence a few years ago and i need to do a windows reinstall. Is there anything special i need to do? or am i alright to go ahead with the reinstall?  Also if you're wondering i have the Classic Licence and i have upgraded it to the current version from when i bought it. Thanks in advance.

• Solution

Hello. If you have a Classic License, then it would not be affected by re-installation of Windows, since license is stored on USB key and is not bound to your computer's hardware or operating system copy. After re-installing Windows  you would need to install SB Pro PE and a CodeMeter runtime (it is is included to SB installer anyway).

• Members

Of course, since it was a few years ago, your classic license is for the Steel Beasts version from a few years ago. If you install the latest version and then get an error message about a missing license, you'll probably waynt to get an upgrade license from our web shop, here:

https://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=3165

Note that the price for upgrades depends on how old the license is that you have. So you probably want to check first what your license(s) are. For this, plug in the CM stick, then right-click the tray icon and select "WebAdmin". This will open a new tab in your web browser defaulting to the page that lists the installed licenses, scroll down a little if you must to find your entries for Steel Beasts Pro PE. But maybe you upgraded a while ago already.

i updated my licence when the most recent version dropped, but if for some reason I have to acquire a licence again, I don't mind, i love Steelbeasts and will play it for years to come, Thanks again guys for the help and quick responses 

• Members

Classic licenses will not simply vanish. They are safely stored on the CodeMeter USB stick.

Barring the stick's destruction or, possibly a cosmic gamma ray burst erasing its content (and most life on this planet), it will survive reinstallations of Windows, Steel Beasts, swapping your computer, extortionist harddisk encryption trojans, or probably even the wrath of psychotic ex-girlfriends. Theft and loss of the USB stick are the biggest risks in practice.