Gunners Sight and Interior - Rheinmetall Lynx

Fichtenwald

Hello!

Yesterday Rheinmetall posted a Lynx video, that shows the interior and the gunners sight (with Leopard 2 sight symbology), with some TP-T rounds going out to a 2.000 metres target. Screenshots (the whole video is attached below):

Lynx_Interior.thumb.jpg.b01fbfcf2a8c01d1be16a2ae58235128.jpg

Lynx_Interior_2.thumb.jpg.6140e6d051c7d044f067f43b6625421f.jpg

Lynx_Gunners_Sight.thumb.jpg.d538742ba988880b34b2864a95cac86d.jpg

The graphical feedback for position and selected weapon/observation-device on the lower left seems pretty nice and easy to read. Just wanted to post it, because I have never seen the Lynx interior and gunners sight before - and thought, that it would be of interest to other SB players too, who might have missed it. I guess, the Lynx will also not "find its way" to SB, because Rheinmetall sadly has an in-house simulation/training platform for their vehicles?

Best regards!

Lynx_Gunners_Sight.jpg

• Members

In a conversation, a gentleman representing Rheinmetall upper management expressed their heartfelt hope to "keep us out of 'their' market".

Make of that what you will.

To me, it's a signal to our customers that we're an effective scarecrow to give them leverage in price negotiations, at least for as long as we are occasionally given a realistic chance to win in a competition.

I am glad, that my country did the right thing, and invested in SB regarding Bundesheer equipment/vehicles. And a very welcome way to use my taxes too.. :)

So, if there will be no MK30-2/ABM, because there will be no Puma/Lynx, then hopefully the Bundesheer will also upgrade the MK30-2 with the ABM module, and something like the Spike. A modernization and "Kampfwertsteigerung" upgrade is said to be planned in the next years.

Then the vehicle could be used better (with a lot of limitations of course) as a later version Puma stand-in for Bundeswehr scenarios in SB.

Edited by Fichtenwald

10 hours ago, Ssnake said:

In a conversation, a gentleman representing Rheinmetall upper management expressed their heartfelt hope to "keep us out of 'their' market".

Make of that what you will.

To me, it's a signal to our customers that we're an effective scarecrow to give them leverage in price negotiations, at least for as long as we are occasionally given a realistic chance to win in a competition.

I suspect the issue is that Rheinmetall have their own (or at least did last time I looked) gunnery / crew procedural trainer simulator that they use in their training devices.

I suspect they want to stick to using that rather than sub contracting the software to eSim.

Nice gum trees though. ;)