Steel Beam Obstacles can't be breached?

BadgerDog

Tried this, but perhaps I'm doing something wrong. ;)

Page 123 of manual says Steel Beams can be "can be breached with mine-plow equipped tanks."

Tried this in test mode with M1A1(HA) equipped with a mine-plow and I couldn't move it?  Tracks just spin but it doesn't move.

Am I missing something?

I did discover that you can push a destroyed status T72 tank off a bridge it was blocking, using another tank. 😁

Very nice realism feature. 👍  Thank the programmer for building that into the code. ;)

• Members

The manual (version 4.1) may be out of date. Since version 4.250 it requires a vehicle with a dozer shield to breach these obstacles, mineplows (in real life) get (severely) entangled with the wire component of steel beam obstacles (which aren't rendered, but there in real life). Needless to say that the dozer blade obstacle clearing didn't work for all vehicles with dozer blades in version 4.250, but I believe the bugs have been fixed in 4.259 and 4.265.

Thanks Nils ... 😀

For clarity and as a reference to others, I just did a lot of testing on this issue. ;)

It is not a "dozer blade". It's still called a "mine plow" as it's currently mounted using v4.265, on tanks ie: M1A1 (HA) or a Wisent (standard or wide version plow).

The clearing of "steel beam" obstacles is accomplished using the "pop -up menu" in the bottom right screen and selecting option "breach to ..."  A 5 sided arrow symbol appears on screen and you place it at a distance (left click) ahead and after "steel beam" obstacle.  The tank (or Wisent) then moves forward and breaches the "steel beam" and the path is now clear.  The Wisent leaves red signs and flags behind marking where it went through, whereas the tank does not.

Hope this helps... 😀