China's PLA?

cata

Just curios, anyone talking or thinking about PLA units?  Somehow seems that in 2021 this would be getting more attention, not to mention the size of the market.  As the PLA starts to home in on standardized combined arms brigades we can round out the main players, im just going to list a number of most likely units just to throw it out there: 

Heavy / Amphib CAB:

ZTZ-99A

ZTZ-96

ZTZ-15

ZBD-04

ZBD-05

ZTD-05  

Medium CAB:

ZBL-09

ZBD-09 (105)

LIGHT CAB:

CSK-181

• Members

Well, their arsenal is sizable, so adding just one or two tanks won't cut it. Which is why we have put the whole topic on the back burner. Like Turkey. Pakistan, India, North Korea. At the end of the day, our digital motorpool (less the museum pieces) reflects the demand from our military customers, and I think that all of them are mindful of the classic advice to never start a land war in Asia.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

I'd be ok with more PLA skins (not skin mods*) for vehicles in game without actually having new vehicles.

*Nobody downloads mods so it would look weird when you used a vehicle without a PLA skin.

The sim does come complete with 17 PLA vehicle skins, which covers a lot of possible proxies. But I'm guessing the point here was to ask for more to be included in the stock installation -- maybe for some of the newer vehicles? -- because apparently "nobody" can be bothered to download and install separate mods, like those offered by @cata

There's truth to this. Maybe not "nobody", but  two or three dozen seems to be the typical download interest in vehicle and infantry skins. Present company excluded, I don't think 'most' players really care what skin or markings SB's troops and vehicles have. And I suppose with thermal optics and long engagement ranges it doesn't really matter anyway.

So I'm not sure how it would be "weird" to not have a skin for some odd PLA variant. Skins are only seen on the user's frontend, and if that user is really bothered by an anachronistic skin, he/she will download a mod, if available. Enter cata

• Members

Like I wrote, it's a wide field. At the same time our current focus is on purring the whole software architecture of SB Pro on a reliable high performance foundation for the coming decades. Once done, adding new systems will become a priority again.

11 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Like I wrote, it's a wide field. At the same time our current focus is on purring the whole software architecture of SB Pro on a reliable high performance foundation for the coming decades. Once done, adding new systems will become a priority again.

I look forward to it,come on💪💪💪

12 hours ago, Ssnake said:

We hope to add PLA armored vehicles to the steel beast as soon as possible, since Challenger 2 is not suitable for playing ZTZ99A

There are also early vehicles available, such as Type79, ZTZ88A/88B/88C, 85IIAP, YW531, ZTL92/92A, which are good armored vehicles

Nice photo assets from China.  They sure do turn up the saturation levels and sharpening in Lightroom or Photoshop though... Those blues and greens look a little too blue and green, know what I mean?  Same for some of the definition.

Edited by Valleyboy