Need some help with Spawn if event for training mission?

minimi66

Hi guys,

I'm creating my own training mission and in the process learning/re-learning the intricasies of the ME again.  I am trying to create "continuous waves" of an enemy armoured force that spawns when the initial wave is down to 5 vehicles (AFV's in the control logic dialog)?

The spawn doesn't so far work after a few attempts?  Can anyone point out what i'm doing wrong on the screenshot?  The red lines on the map are the borders of the spawn zone called Reinf_Spawn_Zone.

Any help most appreciated!

Thanks.

spawn_if-event.jpg

Edited by minimi66

• Members

While it SHOULDN'T be that way I would not completely rule out that unspawned vehicles count as "operational".

Test: Move the eastern boundary of the region towards the center until no unspawned units are in it. You'll need to combine the test with a mission timer since at mission time 0:00 no operational units would be in the region because nobody has spawned yet.

More likely, however, is the rather fuzzy boundary of what makes a vehicle "operational", and what that does to the control logic. I suppose a vehicle is rated "operational if it can still shoot and drive.

So, are you sure that you have fewer than five ooerational vehicles when the next wave isn't spawning though you'd expect it to do?

Hi,

It worked, i moved the spawn zone box and also changed the variable to "friendly units" "destroyed" equal to "> 10" as opposed to "operational" etc.

Also changed OR to AND but as you guys said it probably didn't matter in this instance.

Thanks for the help. 🙂👍

spawn_if-event_fixed.jpg

• Members

Chan you change it back to "operational" and see if it still works?

That would suggest that spawned units might be counted (which they shouldn't, so it'd be a bug (and a rather substantial one IMO)).

(You changed both variables, so we don't know which of the two measures made the difference - adjusting the region to exclude unspawned units, or changing the spawn condition.)