4.265 - Counter IED Feedback

Gibsonm

From page 79 of the manual you can use Engrs to disarm IEDs (the PDF has a copy protection scheme so I can't paste the reference).

Unfortunately the user currently receives no feedback.

If I use Engrs to Scout for and subsequently Breach a minefield I receive feedback in terms of:

1. The green minefield mil symbol.

2. The blue Breach lanes.

3. The red disarmed mines.

For an IED though your units on Scout do not detect them (I fully appreciate they are very often hard to detect) and if you do decide to conduct a Breach, all you receive are the Blue lanes (the IED is just removed from the map).

Is there any scope for a red object to appear on the map to reflect the successfully disarmed IED (if only to vindicate the Player's decision to commit time and resources to conduct the Breach)?

I've attached a scenario showing the IED "disappearing" mid Breach (it doesn't even show up in Red's AAR). This is a simple case where the IED is command detonated and Red never pulls the Trigger, as opposed to a region based or other detonation.

210829 Egr and IED test_12804_082921MARKS-PC-2011047.aar 210829 Egr and IED test.sce