Formation Controls and System Menu??

minimi66

Hi Tankista's,

Can anyone elaborate on where to find the "System Menu" in the Map Screen that is mentioned on p57 of the manual under Formation Controls? 

Is this enabled in the PE edition of the game?

I can't find any way to create the six preset groups that are mentioned in this section as there doesn't appear to be a System Menu on my Map Screen anywhere?

Thanks.

Yes.

38 minutes ago, minimi66 said:

Does this mean you can still enter a New Group Route that will be copied over to all members of the Task Force as well?  As per written in that passage from the manual?

Yes.

It is however a "carbon copy" so you may need to adjust it as required.

For example the central route may be fine, but when applied to the unit on the left or right it may now go through a forest (or something else you'd rather it didn't).

Quick example:

Task Force created for CSS elm:

SS_08_25_47.thumb.jpg.5e98678c43b50d0cdf702ce507efcf07.jpg

Route created for Wisent to be applied to Task Force:

SS_08_26_27.thumb.jpg.86115f8a63fc843d8f4ff14566e4fc46.jpg

Right hand truck's route now crosses river (will need to be adjusted):

SS_08_26_39.thumb.jpg.415233899ecb3c281203683f1dd504d1.jpg

Edited by Gibsonm

Thanks v much Mark, i had a play around with it all and i see what you mean.  Luckily the pathfinding options in the right click menu for each route make it easier to quickly assign individual vehicles to road or cross-country routes etc.

Very very useful in mission building!!!

• Members

I can but emphasize to check your default settings with respect to pathfinding. both in the Mission Editor and in the Planning Phase. Many have the default mode set to disable off-road pathfinding unless you hold the Alt key. I would always recommend to have it just the other way, to hold the Alt key when you don't want pathfinding involved (e.g. when plotting a route for a helicopter).

• Members

It depends on personal settings carried over between upgrades since the days of version 3, when the pathfinding was less convenient to use. Long time users may have disabled it then, and grown so accustomed to its absence that they might not actively think of reenabling it.