SB Pro PE 4.267

Ssnake

• Members

In the next few hours the new installer files should become available, the gods of the internet permitting. Here are the release notes; it's largely about fixing a few annoying bugs, but there's now also a number of munitions to be used against infantry targets, be it from helicopters or RPGs, which might bring an interesting dynamic to some infantry-heavy scenarios.

SBProPE_4-267_RN.pdf

1 hour ago, IrishHussar said:

Justbe carefull to make a copy of your scenario folder before using the update file. It maybe that I made a mistake but the new install overwrote my scenario file.

Can't confirm. Everything kept over deinstallation of 4.265 and rinstallation of 4.267

1 hour ago, IrishHussar said:

Justbe carefull to make a copy of your scenario folder before using the update file. It maybe that I made a mistake but the new install overwrote my scenario file.

Remark here: saving a back-up copy of \ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios only makes sense, if several different versions of Steel Beasts are installed on the same computer at the same time.

User-created scenarios should be saved to \My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\My Scenarios, which is never overwritten during SB updates. Same applies in case, if you are editing stock scenario delivered with SB-  save it not to 'Scenarios' but to 'My scenarios'.

I uninstalled 4.265 completely.

Then I installed 4.267 and it's now up and running fine for me, including scenario creation and testing.

Went smoothly following the PDF documentation instructions.

Thanks to eSims for the update and bug fixes. 👍

• Administrators

There are ways to juggle multiple versions and make it work.  I wouldn't recommend it for the average user, though.  Most folks should uninstall the old version and install the new one.  The bundle installer will handle running the uninstaller.