License Activation Tech Support Cases

Avec

Hi.

I just bought a 1 month license for SB Pro but are experiencing problems.

The CM version was 5.22. I am running Win 10 and found info about CM 5.22 not working well on win 10. I have now upgraded to 6.20.

The problem seems to be me not being able to get the license from the URL provided. I did activate it (says it is activated now) the download to a local file have probably not worked. 

I cannot reactivate/download file once more. 

CM produces a *.WibuCmRaC file and seem to expect a *.WibuCmRaU. That part has not worked for me. I created a new request file and it says more or less the same (except for [data]) as the file as thought i had updated with new license.

Please advice.

-Avec

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi Snake

I have bought steel beasts installed and used to my delight (back to being  cold war cav),   Errr however I have now upgraded the whole computer and after reading your help guide  I am still at a loss how to activate the software again. Any help would be great thanks.

PS- I am crap with computers but a dab hand in rev-mode with hesh :)

PPS it was a one year license.

• 4 weeks later...

Salutations,

I have been attempting to load version 4.0 for the past hour or so. I've tried everything I can think of. I have downloaded and loaded version 4.0 and afterwards purchased the update license for for 40$. I've also downloaded the 6.30a Codemeter software for Win 10.

"Error: An internal error has occurred. Code= 0x1808001"

I tried the Offline Activation method many times. Still no go. Keep getting the 0x1808001 error code. One thing that is NOT happening with the Offline Activation option is getting a prompt to save a new file - xxxxxxxWibuCmRau after uploaded my RaC. It simply doesn't happen. Why? I don't know. Without it, I cannot save it and then import it for use.

I've also Updated the firmware.

Help... I'm at a loss.

21 hours ago, Ssnake said:

The error code 0x18080001 can have a multitude of reasons I just learned about. Please contact me by email, so I can identify why you, specifically, get that error. There is no "one size fits all" answer here.

One of us, have the same unsolved trouble. Help us please! I wrote a couple of letters to you. Thank you in advance.

• Members
13 hours ago, LAN said:

One of us, have the same unsolved trouble. Help us please! I wrote a couple of letters to you.

I will answer your emails like all other emails that I get, roughly in the order by which they are coming in. I noticed that at least one email was delayed by your spam filter (but I found it, and re-sent it to my regular mail account). Please understand however that I took this Saturday off. Now it's Sunday morning (00:10), and I'm back at your service...

1 hour ago, Ssnake said:

It will work.

If the two Steel Beasts installations do not use a shared folder (and with two parallel WIndows versions this shouldn't be the case) then there will be no problem. The CodeMeter license management is also independent of the operating system/Windows version.

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Ssnake said:

I will answer your emails like all other emails that I get, roughly in the order by which they are coming in. I noticed that at least one email was delayed by your spam filter (but I found it, and re-sent it to my regular mail account). Please understand however that I took this Saturday off. Now it's Sunday morning (00:10), and I'm back at your service...

My friend found the cause of the problem at night and resolved it. Ignore please both of my letters. I am sorry for disturbance you. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Having installed both the game and both the patch and codemeter, and then having activated the one month licence (the dongle won't arrive for a while yet), I see an Esimgames folder in C:Drive, but don't see any executables in it and the installation process did not put an icon on my desktop. How do I actually start SB?

• Members
1 minute ago, ChrisWerb said:

I am a noob....

I am a noob....

I am a noob....

I am a noob....

Well, it's not like you're the first who gets stumped. So I'm wondering if there's something that doesn't work right, or works contrary to today's people's expectations. I mean, I always hate it when programs put icons on my desktop. It's MY desk. You don't dump stuff on it. So, we're not doing this. But since everybody else does it, maybe that's what people want?

• 3 weeks later...

Ssnake, a bit of help here, I bought a 4 month license and its about to expire. So I bought another for months and added to my container. It still shows as 10 days left and the second license doesn't show as activated, only available. Will it automatically renew once the previous license time runs out?

• Members

Yes. Prior to version 4.0 we had it that the existing license would be updated/extended. For reasons unknown this license update process does no longer work properly with CodeMeter runtime version 6 (Wibu Systems changed things here; their motivation to do so is unknown). So we can now only create a new license which won't be used until the old one runs out. Which also means that over time a number of expired licenses will show up in your CmAct license container, unfortunately.

:(

5 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Yes. Prior to version 4.0 we had it that the existing license would be updated/extended. For reasons unknown this license update process does no longer work properly with CodeMeter runtime version 6 (Wibu Systems changed things here; their motivation to do so is unknown). So we can now only create a new license which won't be used until the old one runs out. Which also means that over time a number of expired licenses will show up in your CmAct license container, unfortunately.

:(

It's a non-issue to me :) If i'm able to play the game (and I'm a SP only guy) i'm more than happy 

• 3 weeks later...