Probably been asked so forgive me - license question

Warleader6

Team, go easy on me if posted somewhere and I am sure it is. 

I am new to SB so tested with the 1 month option, but this game off the bat seems amazing. after a month, do I have to uninstall or can I purchase a new license and go through the link again to activate it and it will work on the current installed version? also, after a month, if i decide to go for the stick (125.00 version), will I still get a code to play a month free while waiting for the stick and does the same apply as to keeping the game installed?

Thanks....I really hope after learning I can find some noob friendly online groups.

Thanks

• Administrators

Hi,

You can leave it installed, a new license will reactivate it, no need to uninstall.  Same thing applies with the stick - you'll be sent a license ticket for a one month license along with the permanent license to be put on the stick once it arrives.

5 hours ago, Warleader6 said:

Thanks....I really hope after learning I can find some noob friendly online groups.

Thanks

All the "virtual units" are user friendly.

Depending on where you live / which time zone is most convenient there are a few to chose from.

A current list is contained at the end of this Wiki entry: https://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=Starter_Pack

And to add further to Gibsons is that each of the excisting virtual Units have their own playstyle

TGIF on fridays are Mostly PVP with 2 teams fighting it out.

BGANZAC is very historically  correct and with as close as possible TO & Es on Thursday mornings with both COOP and AI games

And Kanium are mostly COOP with either AI or 1 or 2 players as Opfor on Sundays and we try to have 1 man in each vehicle sometimes 2

Everybody is welcome without being members in all 3 groups and you will always get help if you ask for it.
We also recommend that you make sure that Map packs and TS 3 is setup before joining a game as at least Kaniums games require some setup you can't just showup and join so if your interested tell us and we will help with that setup as it require some time and instruction 15-30 min sometimes more.

MD

Without trying to undermine the general friendly nature of the post, can I just clarify:

1. BG ANZAC is not necessarily "very historically  correct" indeed for the last 18 months of so we have been beta testing Chris Reb's creations which tend to end up on Kanium's playlist.

2. Its only "Thursday mornings" for some people - depending entirely on where the person resides and there time zone. That's a bit like me saying that Kanium's sessions are on Monday mornings. :)

@Warleader6 Having made that comment, most of the VU posts include a World Time converter link so you can determine what the "local" time is for you.

Having said that I'll take the Kanium descripter and add it to the Wiki stater pack entry - if its not there already.

Edited by Gibsonm

And if you're interested of multicrew = crew position as crewmen such as gunner for example you can contact me and play with my friends on Team Saber on Saturday Evenings (GMT), though... We're still only handful and not super active at this point as there's been little demand. But always most eager and overly helpful to assist anyone interested of multicrew or Steelbeast. 

On 11/4/2021 at 11:03 PM, Lumituisku said:

And if you're interested of multicrew = crew position as crewmen such as gunner for example you can contact me and play with my friends on Team Saber on Saturday Evenings (GMT), though... We're still only handful and not super active at this point as there's been little demand. But always most eager and overly helpful to assist anyone interested of multicrew or Steelbeast. 

Definitely interested in that too. I didn’t realize you can multi crew in the same tank?

1 hour ago, Warleader6 said:

Definitely interested in that too. I didn’t realize you can multi crew in the same tank?

Assuming you select a "playable" vehicle, you can occupy the Commander, Gunner or Driver's position and all three positions can be occupied concurrently by 3 different players.

Edited by Gibsonm

The drivers pos is a bit limited unless your in a real simulator, it can very easily get boring

But a Gunner and commander that can work together make it a whole other experience and also makes it much much easier to be commander  looking at the BMS giving/receiving orders much much easier and you don't get killed as much while looking on the map etc...

MD

Driver's position is limited, yes.  But essential and very important.  It is not perhaps as fancy as gunners but without driver tank wont move.  More over, a good driver does make huge difference. I think it is likely that driving "well" is just about most demanding thing in steelbeast, because to do good job at it..  youd essentially need to master all other roles too.   Though... same is true for all other roles.  To really master your role, youd need to know other roles too...  and then tactics and so on, at witch point...  I think one could say crew is molded together into a unit or being of sort.    -  Takes btw..  looots or playing to achieve that.   didn't quite believe that when I was first told that, but now...  it is undeniable xD     Still multicrew is great fun, true teamwork!

well warleader6 here is a link for tonights game in Kanium

If you want your own vehicle you can pick any from the Manninglist that is free or if you want to Multi crew then we will find you a dance partner
If you decide to come be there 1 hour before game time and i will help you with setup etc.. , there will also be another new guy there

I also invite anyone else and lumi and Gibson your always welcome (Gibson I know you cant make it tonight/Early morning so CU next time)

And try out all of us you might find 1 good fit or several.

MD