LFG - Noob friendly.

Warleader6

Hi team -- I am searching for a group to join. Can someone point me to either a group of gals/guys to join up with and play / learn please, or a forum to post an LFG request? I am not Tank savvy...I am learning and doing tutorials. I am not a combat or tank hero either; however, I did retire in 2018 after 27 total years of service. 1991-1997 - Army Guard, Infantry RTO, and 1997-2018 - Army active-duty SATCOM communications. retired 1SG, so I can speak Army, but just not in a tank LOL.

I really want to get a good group to play and learn with. I am sure this shines in co-op/head-to-head. 

thanks all

Edited by Warleader6

1 hour ago, Warleader6 said:

So the post right below has responses providing these answers so sorry I posted to quick. Feel free to respond anyway. :)

If you scroll to the bottom of the Wiki entry I referred to you to in the other thread, you'll find:

Virtual Units

These tend to come and go as they rely on the internal membership to maintain interest / keep them going.

There is a list here: http://www.steelbeasts.com/online_play.html/

To my knowledge the following is a more current list. I've included their known meeting times at the end of each in terms of hours ahead/behind Greenwich Mean Time with a link to tell you a local equivalent time:

1st Canadian Armoured Division - Canada (East Coast)

Fellow Canadian members of the SB who enjoy playing and training together. Other Nationalities are welcome also. We offer training in gunnery and taticts on the Leopard series and the LAVIII, but have done training on other AFV's for knowledge to operate current AFV's in SB Pro for online sessions.

Meet currently on Sunday at TGIF-2 hrs. Equivalent "local" start time - ignore the date.

3er Regimiento Tizona (Still around? - Information maybe dated)

http://www.regimientotizona.es/index.php/

Brief description from the 3er Regimiento Tizona crew.

Meet on XXXday at YYYY Zulu/GMT/UTC + ???.

BG ANZAC - Australia/New Zealand

https://www.bganzac.org/

Sample Multi Player session Sample Training session

Battle Group ANZAC (BG ANZAC) is a VU founded in 2012 whose primary, though not exclusive, focus is on the Australian Army‘s Armoured and Mechanised Units and equipment. The unit is a member of the global community that participates in modern armoured warfare simulations using the Steel Beasts Pro PE simulation software. BG ANZAC is comprised primarily of like-minded Australians and New Zealanders who welcome anyone with similar interests in armoured warfare.

Whilst based in Australia, the group is open to all and we have regular attendees from North America, Europe, the UK and SE Asia.

The group meets at least once a week and participates in all major Steel Beasts community events.

We meet every Thursday night (Australian Time) at 7:00pm Sydney time. Zulu/GMT/UTC + 10. Equivalent "local" start time - ignore the date.

Some of the group are serving members of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) and are not allowed to make "public comment" about topics without clearance. In addition it is illegal in Australia to record someone without permission (or a Warrant). As a result you are not able to either record or stream sessions without asking permission first.

Dogs of War (Still around? - Information maybe dated)

Dogs of War is a primarily cooperative combined arms simulation VU using Steel Beasts Pro PE. We try to incorporate real world tactics and standard operating procedures, however we balance it with a relaxed and fun environment. We are comprised of members from different countries and regions around the world so we are not area specific. We currently have a standing Mission time of Sunday’s at 20:00GMT Sat, 20:00GMT. We plan to provide training sessions around 18:00 before the mission starts. You can almost always find one or many of us on-line throughout the week to play an assortment of missions. The players are off all backgrounds; Retired military, serving military and hobbyists/enthusiasts.

ALL WELCOME

Website: www.DogsofWarVu.com, Forum: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/ and TeamSpeak: 104.153.105.2:35200 Regular missions - D.O.W every Saturday 20:00 GMT - Dog's of war VU members only, T.A.N.K.S every Sunday 20:00 GMT - ALL WELCOME

Kanium.eu - an open community.

Kanium are mostly COOP with either AI or 1 or 2 players as Opfor on Sundays and they try to have 1 man in each vehicle sometimes 2 Practice or game once or twice a week. Membership not required. They have welcomed members from UK, Scandinavia Germany, Netherlands, Canada, US and even Australia & NZ Single player or groups, just need one English speaking member for Teamspeak.

For additional information TS: teamspeak3.i3d.net:10077 (no pw) - or make forum account on SB.com or index.php and pm “Major Duck” or “swordsmandk”

National Armor Training Center - US (East Coast) (Still around? - Information maybe dated)

http://????

Brief description from the NATC crew.

Not a VU but more a grouping of people with similar principles (generally the same principles are outlined at the BG ANZAC and other sites too).

They meet on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday, 7:00PM EST/EDT is the join up time, 7:30 PM EST/EDT is the jump off time. Zulu/GMT/UTC -5/-4 Equivalent "local" start time - ignore the date.

OPFOR - US (East Coast) (Still around? - Information maybe dated)

http://????

They are a group of war gamers and friends. They play because we have an interest in the military, military history and/or military art and/or science. They try to play in a reasonable fashion. The members are a mature group with a sense of humor (often times warped). They play with Eastern and Western equipment.

Currently accepting applications and guests. Send TankHunter a PM on steelbeasts.com if interested. Please check the OPFOR TeamSpeak channel for details and updates.

Playing Times:

Random Night: Saturdays, 3:30PM EST is the join up time. Equivalent "local" start time - ignore the date.

OPFOR RusFed and Soviet Night: Sundays, 3:30PM EST is the join up time, 4pm EST is the jump off time. Equivalent "local" start time - ignore the date.

Panzerbataillon 911 - European

http://www.steelbeasts.org

What they do:

PzBtl911(v) YouTube channel D u k e's YouTube channel Falli's(911) YouTube channel

Their war diary: Kriegstagebuch

TeamSpeak details: IP: steelbeasts.org PW: kettenpolster

If someone wants to meet us PM to: D u k e, or Falli, or Eisenschwein, or Erazor

Meeting time: 18:00 Zulu/GMT/UTC on their TeamSpeak Server, 99% of the time there is someone there. Equivalent "local" start time - ignore the date.

UK Armour (Still around? - Information maybe dated)

Update: Recommencing Sunday 27 September, 2015. Assembly time will be 18:00 GMT (currently 19:00 British Summer Time). When their clocks go back one hour in October, they will move to 19:00 GMT.

Please note that 19:00 is the assembly time; game start time will be no later than 19:30. Initially, scenarios will be decided during that half hour period, depending on numbers.

They have moved the assembly time forward from the previous 20:00 in an attempt to attract players from Western Europe in the GMT+1/2/3 time zones for whom 20:00 often resulted in an uncomfortably late finish for a Sunday night. But of course, they are happy to see anyone from anywhere in the world for whom that time slot is practical.

UKA is no longer a 'membership' V.U. All are welcome to drop in. Newbies are particularly welcome and will be treated considerately and not 'dropped in the deep end'. Every effort will be make to provide personalised training sessions at other times if requested.

United Operations (Still around? - Information maybe dated)

http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/forum/193-steel-beasts/

This group is on an Operational Pause at the moment but there is still chat at the forum link above.

Edited by Gibsonm

Could you instead answer these questions?  In return i can point you to most suitable doors. Thus remember... For example Kanium and Anzag are still more than happy to let you participate and help you out with pretty much anything. And ofc forum community will be overly helpful too. 

1 - where are you from? UK perhaps? (This is important to see what timezone you live in and language to connect to you guys who most likely are most active same time as you are)

2 - what is your preferred time/ times for playing Steelbeast? I think GMT time would be easiest answer for every one

If you'd want to try to get to play some right now.. pm me and I'll open a session and we can play together. 

I am a long time nood / wannabe tanker. And have learned a lot and always happy to be there for other noobs.