License Issue

Alex3huey

A friend of mine just bought the 1-Month License but he's run into an issue where the link he was given in the email that takes him to the webdepot page does not give him a CMContainer to activate on to even though he has the codemeter control center up and running, the control center shows a license that is empty currently. Is there an issue we could have ran into that caused this on the install?

• Administrators

Not much to go off of here, but I'll throw out some questions

* Make sure that Pro PE is installed first, you are talking about the codemeter control center, so I am assuming this is done.

* What is the exact error message he is seeing, and what browser is being used?  Anything modern should work.  If it won't activate then try another browser.

He did get it working by the offline activation so that's good, but he had the game installed fully, and it wasn't an error message, the webdepot page just wouldn't show a cmcontainer code that he could activate. It was like it was missing a part of the webpage, and he also tried this on Chrome and Firefox. Sorry for the lack of information but I also just recently picked it up so I don't have a lot to go off of yet.

• Members

For readers of the future:

If in doubt, send an email to me and ask for assisted activation.

I'm glad that you got it to work, but that's a classic case of contacting vendor support. Ideally the initial message would contain at least the purchase order number, or the ticket ID, and if you can, a CmDUST report. To create it, open the Windows Start Menu, type "cmdu" to find the CmDUST tool, run it. When it's done it'll open a window of the Windows File Explorer where you'll find "CmDust-Result.log".