My first released scenario for testing, "Roadside Assistance"

Poofydoodle

Thank you so much for the feedback!

That was my first time ever writing up a briefing so I will try to adjust it a little bit

I will look into changing the uniforms for the SF guys and I thought I set them to elite but actually maybe I didn't change them after I adjusted the team.

And actually that is a good idea having the second truck available, I will make these changes before uploading it to the missions section.

48 minutes ago, Poofydoodle said:

I will look into changing the uniforms for the SF guys and I thought I set them to elite but actually maybe I didn't change them after I adjusted the team.

They should retain their training level if all you did was adjust their ammunition, etc. If you actually changed the team from say MG to rifle, then the training level reverts as if it were a new unit.

3 minutes ago, Gibsonm said:

They should retain their training level if all you did was adjust their ammunition, etc. If you actually changed the team from say MG to rifle, then the training level reverts as if it were a new unit.

I think I may have actually remade the team at one point, I originally had a Pinzguaer doing transport but it swapped it out for something that could carry more people and still retain its weapon once the infantry dismounted.

I just got done watching the video thanks again for doing that, maybe I will release two versions of the mission with a different vehicle for people who really dont like using the Scimitar, as much as I like the vehicle my next mission is going to have something with a powered turret after driving that thing non stop for days and days now.

The Mi8s are just unarmed transport choppers, they are what actually dropped the BMDs, I know thats not the most realistic thing haha but I wanted to have a way some quick reinforcements could come in that were a viable threat, they show up once the main forces are getting battered there was supposed to be a chat saying the choppers were inbound on radar and also notifying you that the second truck was available not sure if those came through. At that objective point spawn the BMDs come in from the flank but on the other 3 they come in from the same general direction as the other forces, I will also make the starting checkpoint into a deployment zone.

The M88 is pretty tough I'm surprised it shrugged off that direct dragon hit, I might have to upgrade it to a not so accurate for the time period dragon III.

4 minutes ago, Poofydoodle said:

I just got done watching the video thanks again for doing that, maybe I will release two versions of the mission with a different vehicle for people who really dont like using the Scimitar, as much as I like the vehicle my next mission is going to have something with a powered turret after driving that thing non stop for days and days now.

For those who don't like the non powered turret, there is a bit of a work around.

1. Bold adjust by steering the vehicle (A and D keys).

2. Fine adjust using the turret controls.

1 minute ago, Gibsonm said:

For those who don't like the non powered turret, there is a bit of a work around.

1. Bold adjust by steering the vehicle (A and D keys).

2. Fine adjust using the turret controls.

Ive taken to occupying the gunners seat with the gun at 12 o'clock to stop the ai from scanning and yeah lining up the vehicle and adjusting the rest. its pretty awkward in a close up knife fight though but thats not really the intent of the vehicle haha. But yeah hopping in the gun and finding out the ai was scanning the skyline of a ridge at 3 o'clock is not fun haha.

Btw.. on scimitar there is really nice wide field of view available too that greatly improves target acquisition. It's Alt+F4 and There's probably even Reticle illumination available on that... Or perhaps it was on warrior on same view.  Btw.. alt+F4 on SB is not a joke. It really works and is useful on some vehicles like cv90s, warrior and Scimitar. 

Edited by Lumituisku
Pretty sure i got that key right from memory. xD

1 hour ago, Lumituisku said:

Btw.. on scimitar there is really nice wide field of view available too that greatly improves target acquisition. It's Alt+F4 and There's probably even Reticle illumination available on that... Or perhaps it was on warrior on same view.  Btw.. alt+F4 on SB is not a joke. It really works and is useful on some vehicles like cv90s, warrior and Scimitar. 

Oh thanks for this! This is very useful  especially the circle that shows where you are going to be back at the GPS.

• Members
6 hours ago, Apocalypse 31 said:

@ about 22:00 you "hope" that the AI drivers will avoid the big boulders. They will, if the cross-country movement path you're on is set to use the Navmesh. For many long-time users however the default setting to use Navmesh routes is to hold the Alt key when plotting, and my strong recommendation is to invert that logic. Hold Alt when you plot helicopter and UAV routes, but otherwise have the Navmesh enabled, always.

I tried last night but sadly every vehicle I tried was too heavy for the bridges lol. Only the Luchs could cross the river with a bit of dedication. So I left the scenario unpassworded for people to edit it themself.

Looks like esim is going to have to give js a brdm2 with one of the upgraded 30mm turrets haha.