Payment options

Skybird03

Hi,

coming back to SBP after some longer years-long absence, so i have missed some versions, I have asked about it before (around the time the arrangement with okaysoft.de collapsed), that is three or four years or longer ago or so, and just ask again in case some policy may have changed:

have any additional payment options been made available now, or is it still just credit card exclusively?

Oh great, I hoped back then that one day other options would be made available again! Paypal works well enough. 

My openign screen of the existign version is 4.023. I assume I take the last buying option for 30 coins then to upgrade to the newest version, yes?

As I said, I got a bit rusty and have been away for a few years, so i do not recall every detail of the drill anymore. I seem to recall that installation now is more complex, somehow, different separated downloads for maps and engines, or something like that, or am I mistaken? Is there a detailed instruction on codemeter upgrading, installation and such?

Heck, I really feel out of things, very. Too much VR and sim racing in past years... :)

Thanks, I am really back in the mood for some tanking. Past couple of years saw me having abandoned it, since 2017 or so.  Since I lost contact to the forum discussions on newer versions that i could not buy anyway, I missed much of the newer stuff and changes. I also have forgotten quite some things and keybindings, I need to relearn quite a lot again.

Got a new system in 2017 and went into VR, was amazed and got absorbed by Assetto Corsa already earlier (I am with it since the tech demostrator in I think 2012 or 2013), but VR completed the migration from tanks to racecars in record time.

However, after four years of VR racing I have inhaled it soo deepley that I now need a break from it, and so I got back my taste for military sims. Combat MissionShock Force 2 paved the way, and now I am going back to the roots: SBP.

In between, like always in the past 30 years, a bit of flying here and there.

I will wait for the new version that you mentioned, Ssnake, thanks. Why messing around with the hassle twice if you can get away with doing it just once! :)

Some forum research might be on order, too. Tips for getting me updated quick are welcomed. Last version of mine was 4.023, but I think last version I actually played around with was some version 3.x

• Members

Well, we posted a number of tutorial videos in the last six months, here:

https://www.YouTube.com/c/eSimGamesDtl

Won't be enough to pass a whole week, of course. Still, the Map Editor video touches on some aspects of the "new" concept of map packages which are probably the biggest difference in data management in Steel Beasts from what you're accustomed to.

Could be that I mistake it with this mysterious something called Runtime Environment. Or was that automatically updated during the sim installation procedure? Must I even manually worry about these dongle-related things anyway?

Did some shooting exercises at the gunnery range last night. 52-72%  Argh! I am really out of it, last time I did this years ago, I got a perfect 100% score regularly... As they say: shooting is an ephemeral skill LOL. I need to sharpen my teeth again a bit.

Thank you once again. It seems my dongle is all fine despite its first generation age, CM stick is version 1.18, CM active license is version 1.19, and "WebAdmin" shows me five entries: "unnamed", SBP 2.5, 2.6, 3.0, 4.0 . If the runtime environment thing takes care of itself during installation of the upcoming new software version, then I expect no problems, it has always been a smooth ride in the past anywayway. I just do not recall each and every single step and detail while nevertheless believing in being well prepared, thats why I ask.

I base on the assumption that I uninstall SBP manually before installing the new version. Uninstalling Codemeter software, too? Scenario folders last times of updating survived the changes. Whether the older scenarios I used still work with newer SBP versions,  remains to be seen, much of it is from 2.x times, and I seem to recall that I ejected from SBP when 3.x came into full swing and some things changed that made adaptation necessary.

Edited by Skybird03

• Members

Uninstalling the CM runtime is a good idea. It's no longer such a big problem as in the past when more than one customer reported having about a dozen different runtime versions installed in parallel, however. But there were some safety concerns about one of the older runtime version, so for that reason alone one may want to check that it's gone for good.

Older scenarios "should" "mostly" work, but of course there may be the one or other exception; in the support forum there's two pinned threads covering that topic.

Holy moly, thats what I call a deinstallation! Took over half an hour for v4.023 (on an i7-8700K). Is this normal - or a sign that something was/is wrong? Codemeter deinstallation was a stunt of seconds.

Did not realise that 4.268 already is out since a few days, noticed it just today. Will buy and install tomorrow. My time budget for the moment is up. :)