How to create a resupply area/region?

IamKirk

I've tried two options.

I tried simply "repairing" the ammunition supply but if it isn't damaged to begin with, that does nothing.

Then I tried damaging the ammunition supply and then repairing it in the hope that a reset ammunition supply would be fully stocked (top route below). Unfortunately, whilst that fixes the damage, the storage is empty.

Lastly there's the usual fix of driving the vehicle to an ammunition truck and resupplying normally, but this is not influenced by the engine being on or off.

SS_14_13_45.thumb.jpg.2a1d1328503a5503a7a06a916388d990.jpg

Others may have a solution for you.

211118 Ammo resupply 4_267.sce

Thanks for the great effort.

It looks like I will have to do it without the engine off requirement, as there is really no way to test for that.

I think I can have or spawn a, computer owned, resupply vehicle that will cover the resupply area.  That should give me the minimum need.

Thanks again.

• Members

Alternatively to the spawn, you could make the resupply trucks computer-owned (so the player can't drive them to his location, or let the player decide at the beginning of the mission where the resupply zone should be (use a trigger), then have them (still computer-owned) drive to that region and disperse there.

On arrival the player's vehicles will be topped off with ammo (while not moving; you can't enforce the "engines off" rule).

18 hours ago, Gibsonm said:

If you want to make it about navigation as opposed to just "spot the truck", you could have the truck spawn when the vehicle enters the resupply region.

That way there is no give away on the map (nice blue truck icon) to tell them where to drive to.

That is what I ended up doing for now.

15 hours ago, Ssnake said:

Alternatively to the spawn, you could make the resupply trucks computer-owned (so the player can't drive them to his location, or let the player decide at the beginning of the mission where the resupply zone should be (use a trigger), then have them (still computer-owned) drive to that region and disperse there.

On arrival the player's vehicles will be topped off with ammo (while not moving; you can't enforce the "engines off" rule).

This is a good suggestion.  I will investigate that for the scenario.

Was also thinking of having the resupply truck spawn as a performance reward.