KANIUM Sunday, 28nov21, - OP AKKADIA -

Grenny

Excerpts of the battalion commander's orders for...CG026 Akkadia   0500  4th March 2009

1) SITUATION:
    a) Enemy:
    Akkadia's larger neighbour has taken advantage of its sponsored unrest in Akkadia to invade from the the North and West. Having drawn off much of Akkadia's defence force to the North it has outflanked them and advanced toward the capital.

To complicate matters members of the Presidents family were ambushed in Bayliss and are understood to be hiding in the church. They were travelling in 2 cars. Enemy Commander and his security detachment are searching the area at this time.

Enemy consists of a screen of Technicals, with infantry and suspected missile teams in the Objectives and salient points (bridges etc). Total estimated 1 x Coy reinforced

It is anticipated that no more than max 1 PLT of Inf is in each Obj with potentially 1 AT Team and given the area to be covered is likely to be less. Civilians in Allentown report enemy seems to be concentrated on area covering bridges over the Sakka and seem to be no more than 3 or 4 squads/teams

Two or possibly 3 platoons of T72B1 are already committed East of the Sakka River. A further company (reinforced) of Tanks supported by BTRs is scattered further West  of the AO and may be committed.

Enemy has indirect support (HE/smoke)

b) Own:
    Task Force Blade consisting of 2 x PLT Leo 2A5A2 DK and
    3 x PLT CV90 35 (Inf, LMG, 1 xSpike AT) with minimal CSS support is available to you.

Should you secure Baylis a further 1 x PLT of CV90 OR Leo will be released to you (Use TRIGGER 1 for CV90 or TRIGGER 2 for Leo)
    c) Attachments and detachments: 1 Battery Fire support (HE and Smoke only) and 3 airsrikes available

d)A (Green controlled) UH-60 is available to evacuate the Presidents family should you be unable to evacuate them by air rather than defend them in place. An LZ in Byliss has been marked on map.

2) MISSION:
Secure OBJ Allentown, Koesze and Bayliss by removing all enemy forces within Obj and holding with at least one unit.
Bayliss MUST be held for 15 mins to secure

SECONDARY MISSION:
Fugitives in church should come out of hiding once you secure bayliss. They must remain alive for maximum mission success irrespective of wether they are evacuated.
Death of Enemy Commander will be a bonus, The fugitives have communicated his approximate position by mobile phone

VICTORY:

1 of above achieved - DRAW
2 of above achieved - MINOR VICTORY
3 of above achieved - MEDIUM VICTORY
3 of above achieved and Presidents Family Survive - MAJOR VICTORY AND PROMOTION!

3) EXECUTION:

Intent: Give a statement that defines the purpose of the operation

a) Concept of Operation:
    You have 150 mins to secure all 3 objectives

i) Maneuver:
        You may secure the Obj in any order
        ii) Fires:
        Support as above

d) COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS:
    Friendly Akkadian troops are holding the Ring Road around the City  - GREEN ON MAP - but are not under
    your control

5) COMMAND AND SIGNALS:
CO TF Blade controls committment of available reinforcements (Trigger 1) These will appear in South of City near the Port

6)  WEATHER

LIGHT RAIN FORECAST ALL DAY - VIS 2500 m

SS_09_01_13.jpg

Edited by Grenny

Manning list:

A66

Tanks:

Leopard 2A5 DK-Mk2

A1

A11 Assassin

A12 Badger

A13 Higgs

A14 Cavgunner

A2

A21 Oakdesign

A22

A23

A24 Jag

A5

A51

A52

A53 Roeback

A54 Duke

MechInf,

CV9035Dk(2019)

A3

A31 KT

A32

A33 Snoggy

A34 Wigglif

A4

A41 Grenny

A42

A43

A44 Rico (?)

Edited by Grenny

• Grenny changed the title to KANIUM Sunday, 28nov21, - OP AKKADIA -
4 minutes ago, JAG-11A said:

OK.  Household6 just told me that I've had change of mission (again) and I AM available tomorrow.  I'll take A51 (and try to herd the recon guys) or A24 & platoon sergeant for Oakdesign.

I had the same thought. If Oakdesing is alone it might make sense to have someone help him out. 3 AI tanks can be quite tough. So if JAG helps him that be great. Alternatively I cpuld help him out for one mission. I guess it's easier to have one platoon with 3 players and one with two rather than one with 4 and one guy alone.
But we can have a loot at this tomorrow.